Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Swarm Trap Book  (Read 4094 times)

Offline Grandma_DOG

• House Bee
  • Build it, and they will comb.
    • LearningBeekeeping
New Swarm Trap Book
« on: December 18, 2011, 12:58:13 pm »
http://learningbeekeeping.com/beekeeping-articles/how-to-swarm-trap/

Hey all, as many of you know I run the OutofaBlueSky channel on youtube which has become the largest beekeeping channel on YouTube.

I have developed a written book and E-book on swarm traps, etc., for additional information please send me a Private message or click the link in my signature.

Modified by Beemaster to meet the forum bi-laws
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 03:41:46 pm by beemaster »
Here is my new book on Swarm Trapping at http://learningbeekeeping.com/beekeeping-articles/how-to-swarm-trap/ and follow me on youtube at OutOfaBlueSky

Offline jb63

• New Bee
Re: New Swarm Trap Book
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 12:12:40 pm »
I watched your u-tube how to trap 2 yrs ago.When I converted liters to cubic inches it came to a 7 frame deep.The first year I caught three and two made it through the winter.Last spring I caught fourteen in traps and four on branches.I prefer the traps because I'm lazzy and they are a lot less work. Good luck with your book sales I hope you make lots of doe. :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:53:21 pm by jb63 »

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 09:13:41 pm »
Welcome to the site jb, most people put their first post in the "Welcome" section.

How long have you been keeping?

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 09:49:21 pm »
Good luck with your book sales I hope you make lots of doe. :)

I wish I could advertise commercial product on the site with a thread such as this.  :'(

I gotta get better friends.  :-D

Good luck with your book sales.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:19:56 pm by BjornBee »
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline jb63

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 11:03:04 pm »
Specialkay,I caught my first bees in 97.

Offline Country Heart

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 11:52:47 pm »
Congratulations on your book - will now go check out your channel.   :)

X:X    I am enjoying your videos. 
Have added your site to my favorites and will return for more learning - I think my brain is about full up for tonight. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 02:26:34 am by Country Heart »

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 03:36:40 pm »
Bjorn:

You want a tissue for those sniffles?? Not that it is any business of your business, but we are handling this in the Mod Forum - I'm sending a letter to Grandma Dog now. But I'll say one thing, after I change this post (allowing you to sleep better at night) you can try concentrating on your own flaws and not others. This yet another bash at the mods from you, something you seem to always enjoy. Man, you just never learn do you?!

Funny, you have multiple links in your signature line (the only place we allow links to personal sites, especially commercial beekeepers - I recommended to Grandma Dog to do the same as many members do. But to be honest Bjorn, I can't think of a price that would buy you advertising space in this forum because then, I'd sleep poorly at night. Any other issues, use the report to moderator button, don't drag issues into the forum that is our job to deal with, and not your job to criticize.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 03:55:19 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 11:32:01 pm »
Congrats on your Book
Hope you work things out here on Beemaster
I remember a bunch here voting for you on youtube a while back
Don't remember the reason either way keep up the good work
Good luck

Merry Christmas
 Tommyt

"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline Grandma_DOG

• House Bee
  • Build it, and they will comb.
    • LearningBeekeeping
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 03:48:37 pm »
Thanks Tommy! I appreciated the vote. That was when YouTube nominated my Beekeeping channel (www.youtube.com/outofabluesky) for the On The Rise award. They picked 4 good channels from all of YouTube and decide the winner by voting. I was the biggest underdog with the fewest subscribers, but quite happy to be nominated at all. As expected, my 1,000 subscriber base didn't beat out the 50,000 subscriber base.  But still darn proud.

The book is being received quite well, to my relief. I've got plans to knock out a second edition next year to include more stuff and diagrams.

Beemaster has been kind, and given me the warning that I deserved. And I'm now back in line with Beemaster policy.

Congrats on your Book
Hope you work things out here on Beemaster
I remember a bunch here voting for you on youtube a while back
Don't remember the reason either way keep up the good work
Good luck

Merry Christmas
 Tommyt

Here is my new book on Swarm Trapping at http://learningbeekeeping.com/beekeeping-articles/how-to-swarm-trap/ and follow me on youtube at OutOfaBlueSky

Offline MTWIBadger

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 01:20:44 am »
I just bought your book because you mentioned it in your original post, but haven't received it yet.  Now you have a second edition in the works!  Did I pull the trigger too soon?  Just kidding!  I'm looking forward to it since I have found a bunch of old cottonwoods with bees in them.

anything