Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: wild thing " Malaysian honey Bees" on Now.  (Read 4699 times)

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
wild thing " Malaysian honey Bees" on Now.
« on: March 05, 2013, 11:15:27 pm »
Hey all the show Wild Thing on BBC America is showing the Malaysian Honey bee they make their hives 100's of feet above the rain forests

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: wild thing " Malaysian honey Bees" on Now.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 11:31:21 pm »
I just searched the guide and we do not carry this channel. Appreciate the heads up though.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:28:44 pm »
Yea I forgot to say I have Diretv. it was pretty good. I would hate to have to do a bee removal there. They found the hives in a tree there were 7 in one tree. only problems were they were 150+ feet up in the tree.  :shock:. just a small problem. the really big one was the Bird called a honey vulcur. It finds hives and then waits for a person or animal to come along under the tree then it flys down and colides with the hive knocking in down on to the one below and the bees take off after that one then it flyes down and eats the larvey.

smart but mean bird. :-D

John

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 12:15:52 pm »
Yea I forgot to say I have Diretv. it was pretty good. I would hate to have to do a bee removal there. They found the hives in a tree there were 7 in one tree. only problems were they were 150+ feet up in the tree.  :shock:. just a small problem. the really big one was the Bird called a honey vulcur. It finds hives and then waits for a person or animal to come along under the tree then it flys down and colides with the hive knocking in down on to the one below and the bees take off after that one then it flyes down and eats the larvey.

smart but mean bird. :-D

John

Did they show that actually happen in the video.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 11:35:10 pm »
Know. but the biologist that was with them told about it will they looked at one that was on a low limb near the hives.  It came back on last night. the bird looked semelar to a red tail hawk.

John

anything