Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 303898 times)

Offline Russ p

• New Bee
  • I have two hives I got from packages last spring
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #460 on: January 10, 2011, 11:33:11 pm »
I was just looking at who was online with me at 4:30am est and it hit me that some member names are pretty obious, but others are interesting cryptic or just carry-overs from preferred chatroom names (I imagine) but I'm curious - why do you have the name you have here in the forums?

I've used Beemaster in one form or another for many years in chatrooms (the only one I really hung (hanged) out in was Yahoo Computer Lobby One - where I was beemasterdotcom since Beemaster was already taken.

I sheepishly tell you my first ever chat name (Beth knows this) it was Throbber (short for HEART THROB - I swear - lol) and that didn't last long, I had a young fellow "Borrow" that name and I got spammed a ton of email, etc.. So Throbber didn't last long.

So any way.... Just curious, why do you call yourself what you do here :)

Offline beeblessed

• New Bee
: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #461 on: January 11, 2011, 08:42:22 pm »
I was just looking at who was online with me at 4:30am est and it hit me that some member names are pretty obious, but others are interesting cryptic or just carry-overs from preferred chatroom names (I imagine) but I'm curious - why do you have the name you have here in the forums?

I've used Beemaster in one form or another for many years in chatrooms (the only one I really hung (hanged) out in was Yahoo Computer Lobby One - where I was beemasterdotcom since Beemaster was already taken.

I sheepishly tell you my first ever chat name (Beth knows this) it was Throbber (short for HEART THROB - I swear - lol) and that didn't last long, I had a young fellow "Borrow" that name and I got spammed a ton of email, etc.. So Throbber didn't last long.

So any way.... Just curious, why do you call yourself what you do here :)

Offline beeblessed

• New Bee
« Reply #462 on: January 11, 2011, 08:51:45 pm »
I am the Chaplain for the local HOG chapter (Harley Owners Group) and I always sign off using the phrase "Be Blessed."  I want to use this site in the future that I have more questions than bees - I have three hives.

Offline RuffTuffCreampuff

• New Bee
« Reply #463 on: January 18, 2011, 11:14:43 pm »
It's known that I present a grizzled and gruff first image.  Beyond that, my family and friends know I'm a total pushover.

Offline chillardbee

• New Bee
« Reply #464 on: January 22, 2011, 09:57:55 am »
Well, early in the 2000's when everything was getting advanced in chat rooms and forums I had some online names. I can't even recall what those names were. I wasn't to suavey with computers nor spent much time on them.

The name or "handle" as I like to call it, that I use today came from a nickname I acquired while working at a yacht custructing company. one og the good friends I made there started calling me chilli willi that went to chillard willard. around that time was when I joined the beesource forums so for the longest time I was 'chillard willard' on that site. As a matter of fact, I was about a week ago that I contacted them to change my name and they did so now I am known as chillardbee on that site too. chillardbee came as an amalgamation between that nick name 'chillard willard' and the one thing that defines my life 'bees' with an end result 'chillardbee'.

I've been wanting to have it so that any forum or site that I belong to, I would be known as chillardbee. So, other sites I do belong to where I am also known as chillardbee is:

beesource
youtube
astronomyforum
stargazerslounge
XBOX live
This is a gamer site where we can play online. My handle or 'gamertag' as it is called is also chillardbee. So, if anyone has an XBOX, You'll can add me.

So thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
Will Gruenwald
Chilliwack BC

Offline ejcen

• Brood
« Reply #465 on: January 22, 2011, 12:32:51 pm »
Its my work initals....

Offline Picobrew

• House Bee
« Reply #466 on: January 22, 2011, 06:25:08 pm »
'Picobrew' is a reference to my other passtime, homebrewing.  It is the logical regression of brewery, through microbrewery and way down to some guy making beer in his kitchen.

Dave
(Boy, you do have to like a forum with spell check.)
I think cayenne, I think cayenne.

Offline Guy

• New Bee
« Reply #467 on: January 27, 2011, 01:24:31 am »
Good topic, I always wonder about how people came up with thier names. I use the same name for all my forms I frequent. Lechwe is an African antelope that is very unique and just plain interesting to me. Have always been fond of them. Not many people seem to know what it is and that adds a little to the allure.
Just my first name. Easy to remember:)

Offline wd

• Field Bee
« Reply #468 on: January 27, 2011, 01:40:41 am »
signed up on the forum as waggle dance, toned it down to wd

Offline JRH

• New Bee
« Reply #469 on: January 27, 2011, 09:29:07 am »
My member name is my initials.
JRH

Offline mikebeekeeping

• Brood
« Reply #470 on: January 29, 2011, 12:19:56 pm »
Interesting question, I've never been asked that before.

Well my name is too common and probably taken by others, so I just add beekeeping behind, which is why I'm here too  :roll:

Offline gramcracker

• Brood
« Reply #471 on: February 05, 2011, 12:57:24 pm »
My granddaughter calls me gram.  Her favorite snack was cheese and crackers.  When she started talking she would say "gram...cracker". 

Offline Countryboy

• House Bee
« Reply #472 on: February 06, 2011, 12:04:54 am »
My first ISP was ECR, which stood for Electronic Country Road.  I was raised out in the country so I have used Countryboy as a screenname for chatrooms and forums ever since.

Offline Mrsaurora

• Brood
« Reply #473 on: February 06, 2011, 05:34:53 pm »
I also started out in the Yahoo chat rooms before they were Yahoo. The Geocities chartrooms (wow am I dating myself). My chat name there was Aurora Borealis, shortened to AuroraB and then to MrsAurora. I try to use some version of this now just for my sake so I can remember who I am. Looking forward to many questions that need to be asked and hopefully answered as we are starting our first hive this spring. :-D

Offline Kan-ok bees

• New Bee
« Reply #474 on: February 11, 2011, 04:49:42 pm »
I live on theKansas Oklohoma state line

Offline kalispellkathy

• Brood
« Reply #475 on: February 12, 2011, 02:15:55 pm »
At my age I need one I can remember!  :-D

Offline Humanbeeing

• House Bee
« Reply #476 on: February 15, 2011, 07:00:06 am »
Because I am a human, that happens to be playing with bees right now, as humans have done forever. I am a human, beeing. Well, of course it's a strech, but all the other good names were taken, and I'm just not too creative when it comes to making stuff up. For instance, I once tried to write a book. The opening line, I thought, was great, "Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins." Then I realized that it had already been used. See, I just can't come up with anything. I'll tell you though, I wish I had thought of this one:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair."

I think the only reason Dickens thought of it before me, is because he was born way before me. Maybe everything has already been thought of. Yea, that's probably it. So, actually, I'm really proud of myself for thinking up Humanbeeing before anyone else did.
HELP! I accidently used Drone eggs with the Hopkins method and I got Drag Queens!!!

Offline Forge Pond Farm

• Brood
« Reply #477 on: February 19, 2011, 11:49:38 pm »
We held held a family contest and vote today as we took the long awaited first step in establishing our homestead farm.  Forge Pond Farm was the winner,  long story for a laterpost.  We have registered with this site, Dave's garden and Backyardchickens.com, today seeking to benefit from the experience, positive and negative, of others. 

Offline BeeFriended

• New Bee
« Reply #478 on: February 21, 2011, 07:32:03 pm »
Bees have liked me for a very long time now.  I can readily walk up to them, capture them in my hands, and relocate them.  They will land on me and walk on my arms.  Be are buddies.  ;)

Offline radford

• Brood
« Reply #479 on: February 28, 2011, 10:25:46 pm »
I was on the USS A.W.Radfod DD-968. 1976 - 1980. Out of Norfolk VA. Really enjoyed my time in but was glad to go home.