Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Smart people  (Read 3152 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Smart people
« on: May 20, 2009, 11:20:34 pm »
I retrieved a swarm from a backyard today. About 14 feet up and the hive setting on my truck. When shook, the bees fell about 6 feet to the truck bed. Many took to the air. I'm guessing half the swarm in the air. The ""most intelligent"" neighbor walked into the swarm and stayed right there, spending the next 5 minutes telling me how deathly allergic he was to honeybee stings.

It takes all kinds to make the world go round!
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Cheryl

• House Bee
  • top bar beekeeper
Re: Smart people
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 12:24:28 am »
Heeeeere's your sign.
We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 12:28:12 am »
I have come to the conclusion that people think its hip to say they are allergic to bee stings when I would be willing to bet that most that say they are, aren't.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 12:31:24 am »
True, seems whenever they say they are allergic and I ask them what happens, they say "I swell up"

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 05:48:17 am »
I have come to the conclusion that people think its hip to say they are allergic to bee stings when I would be willing to bet that most that say they are, aren't.

...JP

Yup, it's the "in" thing now.  I don't know if they want our sympathy or what... like some sort of munchhousins (sp?) syndrome.

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 05:08:49 pm »
I agree, most think that just because it swells up and itches like heck.  A better question my be to ask if they are anaphylaxic, but then again they probably would say "yes"....

David

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 05:11:04 pm »
Naw, he recognized you as a rich man and was trying to build the basis for a lawsuit!!  :-D
Rick

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 05:55:00 pm »
I know someone who claims that since her son was allergic to bee stings that her grandson is as well(she is raising this child) and when they were at the park and he got stung by a bee she used an epi pen on him. She had this epi pen for other reasons than for him being "allergic" to bee stings.
He had some health problems later that night from the epi pen.
I just think that she has convinced him and everyone else that he is allergic based on the fact that she thinks his father was.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 01:28:17 am »
I think most people now days are so under educated about what is outside and around them that they are afraid of everything and anything. When I get stung I swell up bad, is that an allergic reaction, well yeah in a way, just not a near death experiance. Get out of the air conditioning and get outside.

iddee, I dought this guy was allergic to bee stings or he would not have come around, almost sounds like he was a beek. Most people run when the air is full of bees.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Cheryl

• House Bee
  • top bar beekeeper
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 04:39:04 pm »
I doubt this guy was allergic to bee stings or he would not have come around, almost sounds like he was a beek. Most people run when the air is full of bees.
This is what I thought. If he really IS really, really allergic, then he's either got a death wish or is really really stupid.
We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle