Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pissy Bees Get Requeened During The Cut Out-October 27, 2010  (Read 4657 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Pissy Bees Get Requeened During The Cut Out-October 27, 2010
« on: October 28, 2010, 11:13:10 am »
I was hoping this colony's disposition improved as I got into the removal but only worsened. Had to wear the jacket and veil and gloves for most of the removal.

Even used the bee vac on this one.

...JP

Pissy Bees Get Requeened
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
Re: Pissy Bees Get Requeened During The Cut Out-October 27, 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 12:11:45 pm »
SHOOT HER SHOOT HER

Swamp Style :-D

another Good one JP

always a Learning Process for me

Thanks
Tom
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 12:49:52 pm »
Great job! Those mean ones sure make for some rough removals...especially if you're alone (no one to complain to :-D). Glad to hear you did the right thing and offed the bleep.

I think of it this way; If you didn't come across the tough ones now and then you wouldn't fully appreciate the gentle ones so you might as well take it slow and get it done...this too shall pass :)

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 01:44:10 pm »
Good looking building there.   So the dude is addicted to them shakes.....  Too bad about the bees were too hot, but there is no need to keep hot bees.   How much honey in gallons do you think they had there?  Great video. 

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 01:47:06 pm »
I particularly loved the shot where you're at one end looking down the length of the hive at all the layers and layers of comb!  Good builders, unfortunate that the temperment was so foul.

And I love that house! 

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 12:35:00 am »
That was a natural top bar hive. I want to know also, how much honey did you get from this hive??  I want some :-D :-D

Yes, that did not look like fun at all, but someone had to do it. YOU!!

Thanks for this video JP. I really enjoyed seeing that hive and also a bad mean hive. You hardly get any of these.

Annette

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 01:05:29 am »
man, sorry i missed that one :-D you know somebody has to keep burger delight in business.
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 08:03:29 am »
man, sorry i missed that one :-D you know somebody has to keep burger delight in business.

Yeah, they need to add on a special room, just for you, well, then you'd never leave!  :-D

I gave most of the honey to the home owner and ground's keeper. She called me yesterday to say how delicious it was. I actually had to talk her into trying it, some people think it odd that you would eat honey right out of a hive.

Gallon wise? About 4 gallons worth.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

bigbearomaha

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 12:03:40 pm »
This is exactly the kind of hive  I am talking about when  I refer to naturally, bee chosen horizontal hives.

I have relocated several like this from porches and outbuildings like that one (more like sheds and garages here though.)

got another good one JP.

Big Bear

Offline gardeningfireman

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 10:32:26 am »
Beautiful hive! Two questions regarding Bee-Quick; 1) If you spray your hood and suit, wouldn't that help reduce the stings? 2) If you spray the bees, would they go crazy trying to get away from themselves? :D

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 11:04:44 am »
I imagine that bee-quick would start to get punky if it was in your jacket and veil.
Another good one JP, you looked awful bummed out about having to dispatch the mean queen.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 04:37:04 pm »
I wouldn't advise spraying bee quick on your clothing as it is an eye irritant.

Yep, I really don't like pinchin' queens.

...JP

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 11:54:42 am »
another good video jp. is it time to schedule schawee's intervention yet ? it seems like he has a vanilla shake dependency. how much honey was in that hive ? it looked to me like about 10 or more combs were full of honey. too bad about the queen though.
Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 02:35:58 pm »
Bulldog, Schawee's vanilla shake addiction is so strong he is beyond help. If he ain't drinkin' 'em, he's thinkin' or talkin' about them!

Have to say they sure are good though and I can't resist getting one myself when anywhere near Burger Delight.

...JP

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 09:18:14 pm »
man im not addicted to the shakes .had one today but i went 8days without one :-D   ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 09:21:17 pm »
8 days?   Where did you go for vacation?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 09:25:53 pm »
Schawee, one of the first signs of addiction is the statement "I can quit anytime I want to". :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 10:04:08 pm »
Eight days, yeah right! Man you can't go eight days without one I know its been less than that.  :-D

...JP

anything