Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: First Deer of the Year  (Read 5352 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
First Deer of the Year
« on: October 28, 2009, 03:57:09 pm »
My daughter killed the 4 pt last week. Her first deer.

I killed the 8pt today-- 168lbs.

John 3:16

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: First Deer of the Year
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 04:07:29 pm »
Beautiful!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 05:18:21 pm »
Nice. Its good to see you're teaching your kids about hunting. It seems that is one thing a lot of kids these days are not doing.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 06:45:23 pm »
Your daughter is beautiful.  Lots of meat in the freezer for you this winter. Just wait till she gets a bigger one than you!  Good to know she can handle a gun, never know when it will come in handy!  Congrats!
Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 09:11:48 pm »
Great hunting for the both of ya!

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 09:53:19 pm »
Good Job both!!! :-D I bet you are a proud pop! I was more excited last year when my Daughter got her first one than she was, in our youth rifle day. Then miss lucky went and got one more in reg. rifle season and the trash talk started. LOL!! Thats OK, because the old man set the bar for her this season in our early Muzzleloader with a 8pt. Not quite as nice as yours but now she has a goal. Good luck to the both of you!

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 12:09:19 am »
I've killed a couple I thought came to a grunt call. They kinda eased in quietly. This one came charging --- tearing the woods up. First one I have had that came charging to the call!
John 3:16

Offline Mason

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 01:35:30 am »
The blood on the cheeks is a nice touch.

It's cool to see your daughter being such a great sport with her ole boy.

Two memorable deer I'm sure.

Congrats
Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 08:52:06 am »
I remember having my little niece and her mom stay with us for a while a few years back, we had some deer and told her she was eating "bambi" - she made noises like she was against it, but didn't put her fork down. (I was taking the same niece to school and she looked at a field on the way and grumbled "mean farmers."  I asked her what she meant and she told me something about farmers cutting away forest for planting land. I gently advised her that almost everything she wears and everything she eats came from somebody's farm  - public school y'all.)
coongrats on your girls first deer.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 06:35:17 pm »
Congrats to you and your daughter on two very respectable and beautiful deer. This year was going to be my first time in four years that I was able to hunt......then this economy happened. :'( The bills come first so maybe next year I'll get out ?
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

anything