Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeping, Beecause  (Read 1977 times)

Offline patruck

• New Bee
Beekeeping, Beecause
« on: April 23, 2008, 03:42:32 am »
Hello All,
There are lots of reasons to go with the "Beecause" in the subject line there!  I kept a few hives about 20 yrs ago, but job and family kept me from going at it like I wanted to.  Now, retired, and LOTS of time on my hands, I am starting again.  I am in central Michigan, and am awaiting a couple packages on the 2nd of May.  I have pretty much all of the equipment needed, and almost none of the no-how except what I remember and especially what I am learning from this forum!  It certainly is different today with the internet than what it was 20 years ago!  Thanks to EVERYONE who has posted, for all of the information.  It will for sure make this a more enjoyable venture.   Patruck (pat)

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: Beekeeping, Beecause
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 07:17:42 am »
Hello and Welcome!

Glad to have you onboard. This is a great forum to learn about bees. If you've been out of it for awhile, there have been a number of changes in "best practices".

Are you connected with a local beekeeping group? Michigan has a number of clubs:
http://www.michiganbees.org/whoswho.htm

Oh, and I suggest you update your profile to include your location. Since beekeeping is so often "location specific" having your location visible when you post questions will help us to give more relevant answers.

One more thing, I use the forum's 'seach' function a lot. Very often I find that my question has been discussed previously so I can find an answer immediately. If you're impatient - like me - that's very useful!

Looking forward to reading about your adventures with bees!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Beekeeping, Beecause
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 08:54:26 am »
Pat, welcome to our forum.  Yep, you have found THE place where you will get help to update your skills, hee, hee.  So nice that now you are retired that you can get back into the bees, you are obviously captive under their spell.  Nothing else can say what these honeybees do to us humans.  You will be surprised the memories that will be brought back from the cobwebs of your mind, and ease you back into the bees, knowing how to look after them, and the surprises that they bring.  I bet you will have tales to tell, from those days of long ago, and the days of present day.  We are an inquisitive bunch (and I am particularly nosey), we love to see pictures and we love to hear stories of adventures, and every day with the bees in an adventure indeed.  Enjoy your visits here, you will make some new pals and you will get to know us all.  Have the most wonderfully beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything