Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: THREE MONTHS IN A ROW over 100 new members  (Read 2931 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
THREE MONTHS IN A ROW over 100 new members
« on: April 29, 2008, 02:34:33 pm »
Hi All:

Nearly 250 members in 60 days over 350 in 3 months, these are great numbers at a good time of the season, we always have growth in the Spring and again in the Fall for Wintering bee. But no matter what, these are AWESOME GROWTH NUMBERS, so to everyone new here, glad you found your way, enjoy all our many forums and features.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline dlmarti

• House Bee
Re: THREE MONTHS IN A ROW over 100 new members
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:46:54 pm »
Yeah, this year has seen a huge increase in beekeeping.

I just wonder if its due to the movie, or the CCD publicity.

Offline marliah

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 03:35:09 pm »
cool! I know for me its something I have been wanting to do for years, just now was blessed with the funds and was able to get everything I needed together :)
Tara
beekeeper in central Maine
Finally getting bees again! 6/12/13

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 05:11:42 pm »
Marliah:

Welcomce aboard - glad the money end of this hobby is working out - you will have such a good pool of knowledge to help you even if you don't have bees for another year, it is never too early to learn. It is rather addictive, where you are trying squeeze every ounce of honey, or just keep a hive over the Winter with what they've collected, watching and seeing social creaures doing their thing is exciting, hope you've seen any of my videos at Youtube - www.youtube.com/njbeemaster and that's a few, some photo album stuff and cool music by Aimee MAnn, one of my favorite female vocalists. Welcome aboard.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline mairghead

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 05:46:03 pm »
I know someone who is doing it for the CCD, I don't know why my brother got interested, and another girlfriend is picking it up this spring because she is starting out a new farm and wants to be self sufficient.   I've thought about it for years so I can make mead, but what got me was needing to pollinate my squash by hand for the last two years.  The first year I thought it was a fluke my summer squash bloomed like crazy and didn't fruit.  Last year I really paid attention and saw one mason bee in my garden and no others.  My squash bloomed again like crazy and again the only fruit I got were the ones I manipulated myself. 

I'd much rather play with bees than go after squash blossoms with a q-tip.  The bees smell better and are far more interesting.

Jackie

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 07:58:49 am »
Hey John,

Saw this link posted elsewhere about how beekeeping as a hobby is really taking off:
http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/articles/2008/04/28/buzz_grows_over_beekeeping/

From the article:
"In 20 years, I have not seen the participation in beginner classes that I've seen this year," says Kim Flottum, editor of Bee Culture, who sends samples of his Ohio-based magazine to bee schools. "For the first time in 20 years, I've run out of magazines. Every year, people say, 'Can you send five or 10 or 15?' This year they're saying 30 or 40."

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 09:44:43 am »
Makes ya think that the awareness level is the silver lining of CCD.  The world can always use more beekeepers.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!