Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Here Too from Remsen ,NY  (Read 3902 times)

Offline BBees

• House Bee
New Here Too from Remsen ,NY
« on: November 29, 2008, 09:33:41 am »
Hello Everyone,

I just found this site yesterday and I'm really impressed with the quantity and quality of the information here, I just had to join.

I had taken a Bee Course about 30 years ago because I thought this stuff was really neat, but I never felt I had enough time to devote to this hobby to do it justice. After 25 years in practice, my wife and I (we're veterinarians) hired an associate recently and finally have some quality free time on our hands. Bought a neighboring abandoned farm to keep it out of developers hands and found a colony taking up residence in the old house. Unfortunately, the house is beyond restoration, but fortunately found the bee's before we demolished the house. So, guess it's time to get serious about bees.

Time management has always been a problem for me, so the idea of the Top Bar Hives really looks like it would fit my lifestyle. This forum is a great source of information on the subject.

Thanks in advance and hope I can contribute to this excellent resource.

Stephen (Steve) C. Burton, DVM
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:25:00 pm by buzzbee »
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. Confusius

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
New Here Too
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 09:38:17 am »
Welcome Steve,
Hope you find your time here enjoyable.If you don't get too many colonies,the time spent isn't bad at all,especially if you are in a good forage area and you don't need to move hives to find forage.
  Glad you found us!!                                                                                                                Ken

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
New Here Too
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 11:56:22 am »
John, forget it!!!  Don't want a mature picture of you.  You all make me wanna laugh, and oh Annette, you are so ding dang cute!!!

Steve, welcome to our forum.  You have found a place that you will find more and more about, it is a quality home to spend some time in, we are fun, we love each other, we tease, we all have made some wonderful and great friends.  You gonna love your time spent here with us.

Thirty years ago, wow, that was a long time ago that your interest in bees was firstly sparked.  You ain't seen nuthin' yet, just wait until you really get goin' with the bees.  This is a lovely world of the bees -- one that will provide you with surprises, treasures; the bees are the most beautiful little things.  You have been busy with your career, now you have that time to take to do some pleasurable things.  The bees will bring you that pleasure, not a doubt in my mind.  So nice that you were able to purchase that piece of property next door, and there are bees in the building, bonus.....

THis will be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences, you will have many. We are a group that love to listen, we can help you, you can help us, every little bit of information shared is all important.  Stick around, enjoy your stay with us, AND....enjoy this great day and life, live and love life, great health wishes to us all.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: New Here Too
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 03:45:46 pm »
John, forget it!!!  Don't want a mature picture of you.  You all make me wanna laugh, and oh Annette, you are so ding dang cute!!!}

What?? I am cute for doing what????

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: New Here Too from Remsen ,NY
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 08:45:10 pm »
Hello and Welcome Steve
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny   

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: New Here Too
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 09:27:38 pm »
John, forget it!!!  Don't want a mature picture of you.  You all make me wanna laugh, and oh Annette, you are so ding dang cute!!!}

What?? I am cute for doing what????

Everything!   :-*

Welcome Steve.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 10:28:26 pm »
Ha! Ha! Very funny ;) ;)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 11:36:15 am »
Annette, Steve had posted his greeting in response to another post he was involved in.  I asked Ken to move this post to greeting, tell us about yourself, so that he could have an official greeting to our forum.  He has been officially greeted now, and that is a good thing.  So, sorry girl, for any mystery that may have come across your mind, it is solved.... 8-) :) :) :)

Welcome Steve, again, you have found a great place to spend lots and lots of time, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline BBees

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 05:44:46 pm »
Hello again and thanks for the welcome! This is a great forum. I've learned more here in a few days than I've learned in two weeks bumbling along on my own. Having a blast! Still in the searching and organizing stages. Don't know enough yet to ask any question, but when I do, I won't be bashful.

Thanks again, Steve
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. Confusius

Offline troutstalker2

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 07:07:59 pm »
  Welcome Steve. You will find the peaple here very friendly , helpful, and most importantly knowledgeable. I know thats been my expirience. Again welcome, David :)