Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Frame jig  (Read 4733 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Frame jig
« on: May 10, 2012, 09:12:45 pm »
I've had several people ask me how we go about assembling our frames. Here ya go!

Frame jig.wmv

When I get on a roll I can assemble 32 frames every 10-12 min.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Frame jig
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:40:39 pm »
Good video Scott.   Thanks for posting.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 11:21:00 pm »
I'm liking the bungee's Scott. Gonna have to make me one!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 05:53:49 pm »
Nice job on the video Scott.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline jaseemtp

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 12:23:55 am »
Thanks for the video.  I will have to make one of those now.
"It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!" Zapata

Offline mulesii

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 11:00:58 am »
Thanks for the video Scott.  I made one with the removable cross pieces.  Wish I had seen your video before I made mine.  I am going to scrap the one I made and make one like you show.  It looks like it is a lot easier to use.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 03:40:09 pm »
Thanks for the video, Scott.  Should make the job quicker and easier.

Joe

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 08:20:34 pm »
Hey Scott, meant to ask you where you get your frames from?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 10:59:30 pm »
Those were from Dadant JP. I had to run fetch them quick before we left for Bud's because the flow really turned on when the saw palmetto and gallberry decided to bloom at the same time this year. I would have preferred to buy assembled frames at the time but none were available.

I normally buy unassembled wedge tops for foudationless and turn the wedge down but not only were they nowhere to be found but I wanted to draw out the foundation for the next round of splits for nuc sales.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 12:56:43 am »
Nice video Scott.
I like your way better than mine. I just use a super that has 2 3/16" by 1/2" by 18 7/8" shims stapled on the 2 end sides to hold the frames square while they are drying. I build 10 frames at once free hand and slide them in the modified super. To do this, I stack the 10 frame ends together, use a brush and a baby jar of glue to apply glue to the long grain then put them together, staple the bottom, slide them in the modified super and staple the  top. when you are done building the frames you can pull the shims out of the super with your fingers and use the supers. It worked pretty well for a 100 frames or so.
I am running out of frames so now I will have to build that gig.
Thanks for the video.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 01:31:49 am »
Been using Rossman frames but boy are they a tight fit! Might have trouble doing an assembly line of them on a jig like that. Just may have to try some other frames & make a jig. Been meaning to, just never got around to it. Put my headphones on & turn on Pandora & just gut them out one at a time. Not nearly as fast as what you can do with a jig but I just might have to change that.

...JP

anything