Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 302409 times)

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2007, 03:57:23 pm »
no- probably not for awhile yet, my dad's health is pretty poor, we are providing home hospice care for him. That and my job and son take up most of my time. I have been reading and hearing all kinds of sad bee loss stories. I really wonder if it is just one of nature's cycles or the fault of man kind. I tend to think it is the later. Anyhoo, it is good to be back, I missed ya all.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2007, 01:28:16 am »
Organicgrl37.  It is good to have you back, I, for one, and I am sure others, have missed you too, you used to post quite often, with interesting conversation.  Best of a beautiful day, good health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2007, 07:50:19 am »
no- probably not for awhile yet, my dad's health is pretty poor, we are providing home hospice care for him. That and my job and son take up most of my time. I have been reading and hearing all kinds of sad bee loss stories. I really wonder if it is just one of nature's cycles or the fault of man kind. I tend to think it is the later. Anyhoo, it is good to be back, I missed ya all.
I'm sorry to hear your dad is doing poorly.  Dads are so important, I miss mine terribly.  We had hospice come in when his care became too much for my mother, they were wonderful.  I hope he is resting comfortably.

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2007, 09:43:16 pm »
Hey thanks everyone for your kind words and wonderful support. Alzheimer's is an awful disease and it is hard to see my dad this way. This forum had been my respite and I truly missed it during these last months. I did find a local bee-keeper, just up the road a mile or 2. I haven't had a chance to officailly meet him but I can spy his operation from the road on my way to the gracery store. I hope to stop by someday soon and make a local bee buddy. Maybe he will let me help out. I really miss working around the ladies. Until then it is good to keep up with you all. Happy chatting!!!!!

Offline sandhya

• New Bee
  • March 2007 Rakkasah Festival
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2007, 11:02:46 pm »
its my dance name...but actually I had it, before I took it as a dance name moniker.. :roll:
Be Well,
Sandy "Sandhya"
I believe if we give of ourselves, we will live forever.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2007, 09:22:25 am »
Sandy, what a beautiful avitar.  Best of a beautiful day, good health to all.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2007, 12:05:26 am »
I got my name, "Johnnybigfish" pinned on me in 1995 when I landed a State Record Striped Bass..The guys with me just started referring to me as "Bigfish" then on to "Johnnybigfish". I kind of liked it as I sell fishing lures. So, "Whenever I go out, the people always shout"...Well I bet you know the rest of the story !
your friend,
John "JohnnyBigfish" Michonski

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2007, 05:52:17 pm »
never caught a fish b4 myself only rocks :-D great to have u aboard.
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline bennettoidjr

• New Bee
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2007, 02:09:51 pm »
I am Bennettoid's son and I liked the name bennettoid and I am and we have the same name so I made up Bennettoidjr

Offline bbqbee

• New Bee
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2007, 11:13:27 pm »
Short and Sweet... I own a BBQ Restaraunt and it seemed to fit. Also I help a local commercial beek (3,400 Hives) and they call me BBQ because there is another guy working there with the same name (Bill)
If anyone can hook up with a commercial outfit DO IT. I have learned more in 2 months - 1 day a week - than I learned in the 10 years I have kept bees. They always need help!!!
Bill

Offline TapStoneBees

• New Bee
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2007, 10:46:53 pm »
For me it was simple,
I live in the Historic Tapstone Inn, Greenville Township, NY.  So since I began having bees, I thought I would give them and I the namesake of the property. 

Some things are just that simple!!
"Do or Do Not.... there is no Try!"

Offline Dr/B

• House Bee
« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2007, 06:45:05 pm »
Nice topic.

I'm Dr. Steven Overby............Dr. / B :mrgreen:

Offline Jason1324

• New Bee
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2007, 03:49:43 pm »

My name is Jason.  13 and 24 are the jersey numbers of two of my favorite sports athletes from when I was younger: Dan Marino and Tom Gugliotta.
Jason

Offline trapperbob

• House Bee
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2007, 06:21:20 pm »
Well, when I'm not beekeeping,hunting or fishing I trap for beaver and mink these two critters can try your patience as much as a bee can and I spend as much money if not a little more on trapping equipment as I do bee equipment.

Offline shawnwright

• New Bee
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2007, 01:56:35 pm »
Getting too old to try to remember anything else  :roll:

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2007, 02:49:17 pm »
Just my first name.

Offline Hopeful

• House Bee
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2007, 08:28:25 am »
Mine is the name of a character from John Bunyan's "Pilgrim's Progress".  :)
"And this is life eternal...." "John 17:3

Offline Hayesbo

• House Bee
  • My son. Almost 6 and loves helping me w/the bees
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2007, 09:08:34 am »
Mine is an old Navy boot camp nickname that stuck.

My last name is Hayes. I was yelling at some fellow recruits explaining that they had better "get it right" or else... Rambo wasn't squat compared to Hayesbo. :evil: Go figure, it stayed with me through 6 years in the Navy. I keep it now in case an old Navy buddy might see it and say something like "hey, I used to know a 'Hayesbo'".  Ya never know.

Beemaster, Thanks for setting this forum up, I have learned so much here. Hopefully, I will actually be able to apply that knowledge with success. I started out last spring with 4 hives, hopefully next year I can grow to 8 and keep that many for a while.

Thanks all for your help and information,  Steve

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2007, 10:52:02 am »
Steve, have you been officially welcomed to the forum by the "welcoming committee" yet?  That is "title" , hee, hee,  ;) :) that has stuck in my mind and when I see a new member posting now, I want to welcome them.  So, welcome.  Glad you found our forum.  I see in your avitar that you are "hopelessly lost", hope you aren't really, hee, hee.  Why don't you put in your location so we know where you are, tell us a little more about yourself too to that we can get to know you better.

You will find this forum a great place to spend some good, clean, quality time.  We have advanced beekeepers and many new beekeepers, everyone has something important to say, no matter how big (like I can be with lengthy posts, see, this one is already lengthy) they are or how small the posts are, they are all listened to.  So welcome.  Have a great and wonderful day, Cindi

Offline Debee

• Brood
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2007, 01:06:03 pm »
My name is Debra and I changed the spelling of my nickname to Debee. My name means bee-seeking one so I decided to embrace it wholeheartedly and shift a few letters. I don't know where to go for this information so forgive me if I'm in the wrong spot-I'm looking for and English speaking Italian beekeeper in the Cascia/Umbrian area of Italy. Any ideas?