Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 302391 times)

Offline hellbenthoneybee

• House Bee
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2008, 05:59:07 pm »
Hello, hellbenthoneybees, where abouts are you located in MA?  We're on the South Shore.  Have you found a local bee club to belong to?  There are many, [rul=http://www.beesource.com/suppliers/association/ma.htm]here's a listing[/url], hope it's helpful!

And JP, of course you can be on a diet, but still look at the menu!  :evil:
Where on the south shore are you? I live in Plymouth......    Boys can be so fresh.....

Yes, they can, but it's all in good fun.  We're in Hanson, this will be our third year of beekeeping.  We belong to the Plymouth County Beekeeper's Association, it meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month at 267 High Street in Hanson in the Plymouth County Extension Service building.  Come on by and join us!
Sweet thanks! 

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2008, 11:57:06 pm »
Hello, hellbenthoneybees, where abouts are you located in MA?  We're on the South Shore.  Have you found a local bee club to belong to?  There are many, [rul=http://www.beesource.com/suppliers/association/ma.htm]here's a listing[/url], hope it's helpful!

And JP, of course you can be on a diet, but still look at the menu!  :evil:
Where on the south shore are you? I live in Plymouth......    Boys can be so fresh.....

Yes, they can, but it's all in good fun.  We're in Hanson, this will be our third year of beekeeping.  We belong to the Plymouth County Beekeeper's Association, it meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month at 267 High Street in Hanson in the Plymouth County Extension Service building.  Come on by and join us!

Ok, where is that meeting exactly? I may need a map. Hey Johhny, you going?  :evil: :-* ;) :-D
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2008, 12:05:24 am »
Mam these boys on ventro done looked at yo picture and we cant talk cause they trying to figure out if you married. Please tell them .
to bee or not to bee

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2008, 01:02:46 am »
Yo JP!
 I'll go if you go!.Ya think we can get back by supper??
 It took me 4 days to drive up there and four more to drive back down!
 I'm with ya though, Buddy! 8-)

your friend,
john

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2008, 08:03:20 am »
Come on up, you guys, if you do you can listen to my talk on gardening for bees!  :)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2008, 09:17:17 am »
Hey Anne!
 I wish I was going but I really cant. I'd like to just see you speak about anything!...At the end,(Well, aside from politics and the space program...and raising teenagers) I would like to shake your hand and tell you what a pleasure it has been!
 Dont forget to take some pictures!!

Ok,....gotta go....I got up early on my vacation day to go to church..I havent been since Christmas...I feel I need to give up one hour to go to mass as its "Good Friday". My wife thinks its a good idea too...I dont know why.....I've never mentioned it, but janelles an atheist..She wasnt when we got married though. Sometimes I kind feel responsible from the example i set in our first few years of marriage. But, As you've heard before, Its a "Personal Choice".
 And i still love her anyway :) Her telling me this was hard at first but theres a reason for this..(God only knows what it is though!) :-D

your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2008, 11:35:11 am »
Hey Anne!
 I wish I was going but I really cant. I'd like to just see you speak about anything!...At the end,(Well, aside from politics and the space program...and raising teenagers) I would like to shake your hand and tell you what a pleasure it has been!
 Dont forget to take some pictures!!

Ok,....gotta go....I got up early on my vacation day to go to church..I havent been since Christmas...I feel I need to give up one hour to go to mass as its "Good Friday". My wife thinks its a good idea too...I dont know why.....I've never mentioned it, but janelles an atheist..She wasnt when we got married though. Sometimes I kind feel responsible from the example i set in our first few years of marriage. But, As you've heard before, Its a "Personal Choice".
 And i still love her anyway :) Her telling me this was hard at first but theres a reason for this..(God only knows what it is though!) :-D

your friend,
john

Hey John, hurry back, so we can get on the road after supper. No beer here for this dude, I like to take it all in, a la natural, besides, you can't remember as much when you're medicated and the cops well, they got a law against drinkin' and drivin', which I don't do. We can talk about bees to we are blue in the face, hey maybe we'll get a 911 swarm call along the way! We can be, two wild 'n craaazy guys! On to the foxes!!! Ann and Helbent(since I don't know your real name) ya'll better be ready! Hey, just don't tell the wives ok, we'd be in deep doo doo, and all our stuff would be curb side by the time we got back, correction, before we got back!

JP  :evil: :-* :-* :-*
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2008, 11:40:25 am »
Your right JP..Wives tend to frown upon such things!! :-x
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2008, 01:54:14 pm »
Well, now, you'll both be able to meet The Big Guy, my better half  :evil:  Bentonhoneybees may have her own protection!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #189 on: March 22, 2008, 03:02:33 am »
I used to play the electric bass until a few years ago and I also played the upright double bass in high school.  Most think it is bass fishing.  I like bass fishing but mostly I fish trout.  The 1977 is the year I was born.  I use bassman1977 for a lot of member names/screen names.  Say hi if you ever see this name anywhere else.  It just might be me.  :-)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline hellbenthoneybee

• House Bee
« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2008, 03:37:15 pm »
Yeah, Sorry guys, It is Mrs. Hellbenthoneybee....   But thanks for letting me know that Mammas still got it after all these years!!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2008, 03:42:16 pm »
Yeah, Sorry guys, It is Mrs. Hellbenthoneybee....   But thanks for letting me know that Mammas still got it after all these years!!!

Man, I feel like you baited us right on in! Hook, line, and sinker!!! Mamma? Momma Mia, is more like it! Welcome to the forums Momma Hellbent. Something about those two words together, just scares me a little, a lurtle bit, lil bit.  ;) :-* :-D

...JP

Offline hellbenthoneybee

• House Bee
« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2008, 03:50:37 pm »

Man, I feel like you baited us right on in! Hook, line, and sinker!!! Mamma? Momma Mia, is more like it! Welcome to the forums Momma Hellbent. Something about those two words together, just scares me a little, a lurtle bit, lil bit.  ;) :-* :-D

...JP
Come now, a girls gotta have fun too...   I just came in to learn about bees, but this forums been the best thing for my ego in a long time!!! ;)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2008, 05:42:39 pm »

...JP
Come now, a girls gotta have fun too...   I just came in to learn about bees, but this forums been the best thing for my ego in a long time!!! ;)

Mrs. Hellbent, we don't seem to have any trouble boosting your ego, anytime. ;)

...JP

Offline snuffy

• Brood
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2008, 02:35:21 am »
Hi
   1st post.

I am a "newbee" starting with my packages April 23 if all goes right.My nick is from a long time ago.In my youth I was a contact nuke tech in the power stations.During a break in the refueling outages,I few home and bought  a mountain top on the coast of Oregon in Rose lodge Ore{which I sorely miss I lived there ten wonderful years} When I returned to the crew,with pictures ,they all thought it looked like a place where snuffy smith, moonshiner,would live....as my real name is smith....it stuck.As most nicknames that are bestowed are not wanted...it stuck.Anyone who worked the refueling crews during the post-TMI modifications during the 80'and early 90'knew me at the nuke power stations as Snuffy.As it was a small world some would probably still remember me only by that handle.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2008, 10:28:11 am »
Oh this forum makes me laugh, we are all such a funnnnneeeeee crew.  And JP and John are bad boys!!!!!  And brats to boot that one!!  Have a great and beautiful day, just had to make some comments, hee, hee. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline burke_co_farmer1776

• Brood
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2008, 05:31:06 pm »
well mine come from being from north carolina and being a living historian with a keen intersest in the history of beekeeping in North America in the 17th and 18th century.
Chuck smith

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2008, 10:19:33 am »
Chuck you have chimed in our forum, welcome, if you are going to stick around, (which I hope that you do), tell us a little bit more of yourself, when you have time.  You obviously have studied bees, have you not got the urge to get into some beekeeping yet, hee, hee?  I am sure one day, you too will fall under their spell, and want to keep bees.  They are fascinating, wonderful little critters to share our lives with.  If you think of anything really cool to tell us about your studies, do so, we love to hear stuff about the bees, and I bet you could tell a story or two, welcome to our forum.  Have a most beautiful and wonderful day, groovin' on our lives.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Miss Pepper

• New Bee
« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2008, 06:35:24 pm »
My name is actually the name of a girl in one of my favorite book series.

I'm a country girl at heart.  I love animals and am not crazy for the city, I like the open air.  I like western books, movies, you name it.  I'm into cowboy hats, boots, and my favorite animals include horses (and bees, of course).  About 2 or 3 years ago I was volunteering in my church library for a while, so I read quite a few books during that time.  I read a great Christian western book series (my favorite), and liked it so much that ever since then all my usernames have been Miss Pepper, one of the main characters in the series.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #199 on: April 06, 2008, 08:10:55 pm »
My name is actually the name of a girl in one of my favorite book series.

I'm a country girl at heart.  I love animals and am not crazy for the city, I like the open air.  I like western books, movies, you name it.  I'm into cowboy hats, boots, and my favorite animals include horses (and bees, of course).  About 2 or 3 years ago I was volunteering in my church library for a while, so I read quite a few books during that time.  I read a great Christian western book series (my favorite), and liked it so much that ever since then all my usernames have been Miss Pepper, one of the main characters in the series.

Miss Pepper, you had us all fooled into thinking you were a fast talkin' city type. Hey, I'm a country boy at heart as well, but was born in the city. Well, way back when, we actually still had a little country but urban sprawling took care of that.

I use to play in my grandma's woods out back, some of the most beautiful woods I've ever roamed, with black topsoil that you could grow anything in. My dad and I shoveled enough of it to make many gardens, I should know. And we would chase rabbits and squirrels, etc... Now about the only thing you can chase around here are stray cats that get in ya garbage!!!

As a kid, my favorite show was H.R. Puffin Stuff, anyone remember this show, about a boy and his magic flute? Would you know I found the series on dvd at a Cracker Barrel, and snatched it up like Bud on a biscuit!!! My wife just doesn't get it, you had to be there kinda thing.

Anyway, good to see you here Miss Pepper and thanks for sharing your story.

...JP

anything