Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 302411 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #740 on: January 27, 2015, 07:57:59 am »
Strictly user preference on using a nickname or your own name. :smile:

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #741 on: January 27, 2015, 08:12:58 am »
> I just gave you my name.

Me too.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline TnJBees

• New Bee
« Reply #742 on: January 27, 2015, 09:22:04 pm »
TnJBees - Teanessa (me) n Joe (hubby), and obviously- Bees!
 :cool:

Offline shif

• Brood
  • Beginner
« Reply #743 on: January 30, 2015, 03:40:33 pm »
Well when I was a teenage I worked in a state park and the park ranges thought I looked shiftless. So they nicknamed me shiftless. In the military it was shortened to shifty, then to shift, not finally it is just plain ole shif.  Soon I guess it will be what my wife is always saying to me. shhhhhhhhhhh!
shif
Beginner Bee Keeper

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #744 on: January 31, 2015, 07:25:39 am »
Well when I was a teenage I worked in a state park and the park ranges thought I looked shiftless. So they nicknamed me shiftless. In the military it was shortened to shifty, then to shift, not finally it is just plain ole shif.  Soon I guess it will be what my wife is always saying to me. shhhhhhhhhhh!
:grin:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Maggiesdad

• House Bee
« Reply #745 on: January 31, 2015, 10:19:15 pm »
I've got four kids, one is more quiet and reticent than the other three. When I see my screenname, it reminds me I'm Maggie's Dad, too, and she's just as deserving of attention as the squeaky wheels.

Maggie got us started with chickens four years ago, since then we've raised pigs up for slaughter three years running, looks like '15 will be the Year of the Bees.

Offline Ravenwing

• Brood
« Reply #746 on: March 13, 2015, 12:34:52 am »
My neighbor is a vet and one day asked me if I wanted an injured crow that someone had shot. Silly me I said "yes". This began a five year corvid care experience that I will never forget. Turned out he was a she. Healed with time and was courted by a male crow. One day she flew off with him.
Crows and Ravens are some of my favorite birds.

Ravenwing

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #747 on: March 13, 2015, 12:04:12 pm »
My neighbor is a vet and one day asked me if I wanted an injured crow that someone had shot. Silly me I said "yes". This began a five year corvid care experience that I will never forget. Turned out he was a she. Healed with time and was courted by a male crow. One day she flew off with him.
Crows and Ravens are some of my favorite birds.

Ravenwing

I suspect your next handle will be Grandpa Crow. 😃
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline richh1224

• New Bee
« Reply #748 on: March 14, 2015, 10:03:04 am »
First name Rich last initial H..... richh is usually taken so I arbitrarily chose 1224..... I stuck so now I use it for most everything,

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #749 on: March 14, 2015, 07:28:03 pm »
I was a Captain on Towboats for 35 years.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline Paul Reyes

• New Bee
    • Beekeeping for Beginners
« Reply #750 on: March 23, 2015, 05:09:01 pm »
For me I just used my real name. I thought of using a username but I just love beekeeping so I used my name.
Paul Reyes is the author of Beekeeping-for-Beginners.com that guides you on how to start beekeeping.

Get your copy of my free ebook How To Raise Bees Here.

Offline stanlosh

• Brood
« Reply #751 on: March 25, 2015, 09:25:24 am »
Well, my first name is Stan. That's what most people call me except my wife. I prefer that no one else calls me Pumpkin Head. This was my first attempt at wintering over bees here in northeast Ohio. My equipment held up great but my bees all died. I learned from that mistake. I had left feeders inside the hive thinking that on warm days the bees would move it down to the frames where they were. It created more moisture in the hive than the ventilation could handle and probably froze and created an air conditioner effect. On top of that, it was a record cold winter here and we didn't have any warm days, no January thaw either.
  I joined the Portage county beekeepers assoc. in Nov and ordered 2 packages of bees. One package absconded about a month later. I got 2 nucs in June and continued donating swarms to the neighborhood the rest of the summer. I consider myself a woodworker and so decided to build all the equipment except the frames. It's hard to build and paint them in your spare time before the bees needed them and I also was wrong about how full they have to be before you need to add a box to keep them from going into swarm mode. I work 12 hours a day at my job but only 3 or 4 days a week normally. That gives me 3 or 4 days a week off when I don't have to cover vacation. When it rains the 3 days I'm off it creates a situation where I can't get in the hives for 10 days at a time. I have more equipment built now and a retired beekeeper donated me some equipment. Better luck this year. I'm not ready to give up yet.
  You do all the research you can, read books, go to beginners classes, go to meetings, watch youtube videos and still when you open a hive it's overwhelming trying to remember what to look for, what are you seeing, and what to do about it.
  I have 3 packages coming from California late April and 2 more coming from North Carolina the 1st of May. I guess I should go back to the shop and start cleaning and painting.  I would also like to say that any advice anyone has for a novice would bee appreciated. Thanks Stan Losh, The Pair of Hearts, Mogadore Ohio 44260

Offline Deep zzz

• New Bee
« Reply #752 on: April 07, 2015, 10:57:23 am »
I have always enjoyed nicknames that have hidden meaning....
I use Deep zzz today b/c that is what I do at work, I put people to sleep and wake them up also yet not too soon.

Offline Candiebears

• House Bee
    • Candiebees
« Reply #753 on: April 15, 2015, 01:22:12 pm »
It's the nickname my husband gave me 8 years ago:)
Bee patient with me... I just started this March of 2015..

You can follow my excursions on... www.candiebees.com

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #754 on: April 15, 2015, 05:33:59 pm »
>I use Deep zzz today b/c that is what I do at work

So you're an RT with an SDS?
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline scooterbee

• Brood
« Reply #755 on: April 22, 2015, 02:58:06 pm »
I ride a scooter to work.  My commute takes me across the front of my hive.  I love to see my girls flying by as I scooter past their home.

Offline Willhuntcm

• New Bee
« Reply #756 on: April 27, 2015, 02:47:51 pm »
I chose willhuntcm long ago because I like deer hunting and other types of hunting!!

I was just looking at who was online with me at 4:30am est and it hit me that some member names are pretty obious, but others are interesting cryptic or just carry-overs from preferred chatroom names (I imagine) but I'm curious - why do you have the name you have here in the forums?

I've used Beemaster in one form or another for many years in chatrooms (the only one I really hung (hanged) out in was Yahoo Computer Lobby One - where I was beemasterdotcom since Beemaster was already taken.

I sheepishly tell you my first ever chat name (Beth knows this) it was Throbber (short for HEART THROB - I swear - lol) and that didn't last long, I had a young fellow "Borrow" that name and I got spammed a ton of email, etc.. So Throbber didn't last long.

So any way.... Just curious, why do you call yourself what you do here :)

Offline Pam G

• New Bee
« Reply #757 on: April 30, 2015, 09:18:29 pm »
My Mom picked my name. Signed up before I thought that one through. :embarassed:  I might just ask for a name change from Bee Master.  I would go with Quilting Bee, since that says a lot more about who I am and what I do.
The jasmine was blooming and the bees looked as though they were stitching flowers together with invisible silken thread.  Pat Conroy  Beach Music

Offline Nelligen

• Brood
« Reply #758 on: June 04, 2015, 11:25:42 pm »
Nelligen is a little town where I live on the South Coast of NSW in Australia - it has the best river about to ski on and it leads to the ocean where there is good fishing

Offline Honeycomb king

• House Bee
« Reply #759 on: June 14, 2015, 07:32:31 am »
Honeycomb or honey comb if you like it in 2 words, is our main production line. Being free of lots of the pest issues the rest of the world has and chemical free is our method of working our hives. It,s  such a beautiful natural product that it's a privilege to be able to supply it to the world.
honeycomb king is a name that one of our exporters gave me so there it is.
everyone has eaten honey but not all have tried honeycomb, so I love the response of first time tasters and sharing that experience with them.