Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Just getting started  (Read 1977 times)

Offline tireman

• House Bee
Just getting started
« on: December 05, 2013, 04:59:26 pm »
HELLO,
I AM VERY EXCITED TO BEGIN BEEKEEPING. I HAVE BEEN READING AS MUCH AS I CAN IN PRINT AND ON THIS FORUM. I HAVE ALSO BEEN WATCHING ALL OF JP'S VIDEO'S ON YOUTUBE. I DOUBT IT'S GOING TO BE AS EASY AS HE MAKES IT LOOK. THANKS TO ALL WHO POST. GREAT INFO.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:56:07 pm by tireman »
It is what it is

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
Re: JUST GETTING STARTED
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:07:11 pm »
Welcome and hope the five different ways of doing the same thing do not confuse you too much!  My advice is to choose people to listen to that are as close to your zip code as possible.  You tube is great isn't it!  Oh, I hate to mention this but I must.  Some people really get excited when someone posts in all capital letters.  The gentle souls imagine it as you YELLING at them!   Strange huh. 

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 05:33:34 pm »
Take your capitol letter lock off and welcome to the forum.
I could call myself the flat tire man this week! Grrrr  :needhelp:

Moots

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 05:44:22 pm »

HELLO,
I AM VERY EXCITED TO BEGIN BEEKEEPING. I HAVE BEEN READING AS MUCH AS I CAN IN PRINT AND ON THIS FORUM. I HAVE ALSO BEEN WATCHING ALL OF JP'S VIDEO'S ON YOUTUBE. I DOUBT IT'S GOING TO BE AS EASY AS HE MAKES IT LOOK. THANKS TO ALL WHO POST. GREAT INFO.

tireman,
I wasn't familiar with Louisiville...So pulled it up on a map, I see you're just about 30 miles from Macon MS, home to bud1.  If you've been watching JP's video's, or have spent much time on this forum, you're probably familiar with Bud.  The forum has some great threads focused around the annual gathering at Bud's place.  He'd be a great resource for any new Beek getting started...You might want to drop him a PM and introduce yourself.  :)

Welcome to the forum....And Yeah...The ALL CAPS have got to go!  :-D

Offline tireman

• House Bee
Re: Just getting started
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 10:59:59 pm »
Sorry for the all caps. I didn't notice they were on. Once again thanks for the information.
It is what it is

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 12:31:41 am »
WHAT Is so threatening about a caplock?  Grumpy old menandwomen.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 01:24:43 am »
Welcome to the forum, Tireman.  Thanks Moots, I knew I had been through Louisville, just could remember where.
Beeing that close to Bud's he could bee a big help to you.  caps or not doesn't bother me.  Good luck

Joe