Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fishing Video from Bud2 trip  (Read 7523 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Fishing Video from Bud2 trip
« on: May 02, 2010, 11:21:55 am »

Here is a short montage of clips I put together last night, it is actually my first time trying the software built-in to my camera to combine clips and add music. I didn't really see the need to edit the clips, just combine them. Hope you enjoy this sample video, I'll be putting more of the Youtube clips together like this throughout the week.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: Fishing Video from Bud2 trip
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 11:30:22 am »
Nice job  :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:43:17 am »
Nice job John. Great little video and the music adds a nice touch.

Bud was mad at all three of us yesterday. He couldn't quite figure out what the aweful smell was coming from around the wax melter.

It was the fish guts we left in the bucket as a surprise for him to remember us by.  :shock:

Sorry Big Daddy!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 12:43:51 pm »
JP:

Some people just can't accept presents graciously  :tumbleweed:

The cam comes with about a dozen music sound tracks to choose from, so when you are finished assembling clips, choose your music and it plays the full finished video to see how it works BEFORE uploading. Cool stuff, and what I like is the audio is only about 20% loud, enough to hear, set the mood - but not cover the video sound up.

Thanks for kind words all - now that I'm figuring it all out, I can get compiling, all the short clips will make lots of sense once combined.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline mabuzzbee

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 01:49:37 pm »
Awesome combination on the video.. I love how you go from the "give me that fillet" song to them filleting the fish. :).. By the way I hope you don't mind I "borrowed" some of your video's from youtube and put them on my facebook profile so my friends and family can see them.
I am nobody.  Nobody is perfect.  Therefore, I am perfect.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 02:38:40 pm »
Hi Jen:

Cool that you want to add any videos to your page, of course. I'm sitting here, trying to organize the clips, especially the beeyard stuff and the social stuff in two videos. I do have to do some clipping of content, but generally I think I know what I want to do.

Glad you got to see the fishing trip, I have a blast with Josh and somehow I lost about 5 minutes of us fishing on shore - we had two fellows with us and I think the camera (which uses the same big red button to start and stop recording) might have gotten pushed and the recording never got taken. Shame too, we were pulling fish in on every cast.

More coming - I'm kicking myself for not recording longer clips, the cam does take amazing quality videos, but I kept capturing "moments" instead of just letting it run and editing later. I'll know better next time to just let it run and run.

Waiting for Brendhan's stuff - I think he'll fill in all the blanks nicely.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 08:55:08 am »
Brendhan what's up show us those video's.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 03:26:49 pm »
Where does the 'A TREAT' Birch Beer come from? Never saw it before.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 05:05:06 pm »
That was hauled all the way from Central PA by the Buzzbees (unless they picked it up local to where Macon, MS is) not sure which.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 07:40:45 pm »
Yeah,that came from PA.lt;s a nice change from the big guys,

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 06:53:50 am »
Where does the 'a TREAT' Birch Beer come from? Never saw it before.

Ken.........

You can buy  Birch Beer in Massachusetts.  :-D

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 07:31:00 pm »
Good job John!
The crispness of the footage is great!
I always like watching fishing on my videos...It lets me forget about the heat that we had and the flies or mosquitoes while we clean fish!
Ive got a few movie editors and can really get carried away trying new stuff!
 I also have a boat just like the one yall were in!..It has no seats tho!( I traded a john boat with trailor for it....I didnt flip it over till I had it several months)..I need to do something with it to reinforce the sides( if I dont the boat might bend in half!!)
 If anybody is comin thru my area( from the bee forums) stop by and I'll GIVE it to you! With a motor too!
Now, after watching that video, I wanna go get another good camcorder...I used my Zi8 for my sons graduation and for some reason, out of 30 minutes of footage, I only got about 30 seconds of in the kitchen! :roll:
 Who was that HAIRY guy playin' with the battery?..It looked like you (JP) were fixing to lectricute the fish!!

your friend,
john

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 08:13:35 pm »
Hey John:

That camera is the PURE Ultra HD Flip Cam ( about the size of a pack of cigs) takes 2 hours HD Video using on board memory. Just aim and push a big red button to start/then stop recording. The quality is really awesome and easily fits in any shirt pocket.

For those who need smaller, they have the MINI FLIP which has same specs only much smaller and can fit in pants pocket.

I'm freaky about scratches of screens and lenses. I have the transparent covers to protect the screens, no matter what camera I wouldn't want it in my pants pocket. But my ULTRA HD FLIP is under $140 if you shop, and plugs right into PC using a pop out USB Hub. It even has its own software in the camera to connect it to any PC and a mini HDMI out to plug directly into any HDTV.

And yes on JP, he is one hair dude for sure  :-D