Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Getting stung!!!  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Ruben

• House Bee
Getting stung!!!
« on: February 01, 2006, 10:33:39 pm »
As a newbie I've been on a Apitherapy website reading all about it and how the venom contains potent anti-inflamitory agents that can make aches and pains go away and I am almost getting excited to get stung :)

Offline thegolfpsycho

• Field Bee
Getting stung!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 10:41:07 pm »
I don't know if I would look forward to it or not, but sometimes, it can make you forget the other aches and pains that you are suffering!! bahahahahah

Actually, a sting or 2 seems to help the swollen joints in my hands.  Don't know if it's wishful thinking or really does help.  It's just a momentary discomfort.

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
Getting stung!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 11:18:29 pm »
I can't immagine there being very much reason to truely "look forward to" stings.  They're nothing, to me, but a short, painfull experience.  Granted, over time the successive stings seem less and less painfull.

Offline rusty

• New Bee
Bee Sting Therapy & Allergic Reactions
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 07:53:46 am »
There has bee a certain amount of research into micro doses of bee venom for medicinal purposes, mostly done by the Russians I think. There could very easily be something in this, as we all know that just about everything that comes out of a hive is good for you, however, one must take all precautions against being stung until one is certain that there is not going to an allergic reaction, and even then you never know when one might occur.
I have kept bees for many years had no fear of stings at all, till one day I broke some rules and got attacked, the allergic  reaction that followed was horrible to put it mildly. I now have to carry an epi pen and go into the bees dressed like a warrior.

See my article www.pcela.co.yu english page.

Happy beekeeping

Rusty
Rusty Wise,

Author and illustrator of the Belinda Bee Books,and A little Book of Bee Poems
www.trafford.com (Search Desk)
http://www.pcela.co.yu/IndexE.htm

anything