Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New to beekeeping and 1st forum.  (Read 2389 times)

Offline hollybees

• House Bee
New to beekeeping and 1st forum.
« on: May 27, 2008, 09:11:40 am »
Hello my name is Paul and I'm from Holly Michigan.
Holly is about 60 miles north of Detroit.
I started 2 hives this spring and so far so good.
Love the bees!!!
They are impressive they know what they are doing..........I do not!!
I've done alot of reading, but I sure would like to have some real help from real people.
Would be greatful for any help.

I hope you and your bee's are well.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: New to beekeeping and 1st forum.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 10:07:28 am »
Welcome Paul, glad you could stop by! Yep, bees are very fascinating little insects.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 10:45:39 am »
Paul, welcome to our forum.  You are now under the spell of the honeybee, interesting little critters that they are, and you ain't seen nothin' yet.  Good that things are going well for you, yeah!   Ask your questions, tell your stories, we will all be here to help you and listen to you, this world of the honeybee has so many mysteries to understand, you will find the more you know the more that you will want to know.  Right, almost forgot, here you will always have an interesting visit, and you will make new friends.  Have that beautifully beautiful day, lovin' this great ol' earth that we are love and share.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 10:46:19 am »
Yes, welcome Paul!  That's what we are all here for, learning, help & support that you usually won't have close to home.  Even the best most patient mentors (if you even have one close) don't appreciate you coming or calling to ask questions in the middle of the night or 5am!!!  I am new too & would be lost without all the information here.  Had questions & problems solved before I even knew to ask!  Aren't the bees cool?  They are such amazing little creatures!  Don't hesitate to ask any questions or concerns you may have & have fun!  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 07:14:44 am »
Hey Paul,

Glad you found us! Welcome!

I've found this forum to be a very friendly place to learn more about bees and beekeeping. I often pop in and use the 'search' function. Many times my questions have already been discussed and I can find an immediate answer.

You mentioned wanting to learn from "real people". Are you involved with a local beekeeping club? Clubs are a great way of getting connected with other local beeks and finding mentors, plus they often offer beginning (and advanced) beekeeping classes. You might want to check these out:
http://www.michiganbees.org/whoswho.htm
http://www.sembabees.org/

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 07:40:38 pm »
 Hi Paul!
Youre in the right place for bee things!
Youre in the right place for alot of fun and laffs too!
 I hope you take pictures of your bee activitys, like new hives, and opening the boxes, and, my favorite,........sting pics! :evil:
Soooo, welcome to the forums!!
your friend,
john

anything