Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Titusville swarm  (Read 3320 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Titusville swarm
« on: March 12, 2013, 01:01:20 am »
Thought y'all might like to see the swarm we picked up today. This is the first time Peggy has been able to tag along since her accident over 3 mo ago and it was great having her company!

Swarm at the Great Outdoors resort

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Moots

Re: Titusville swarm
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 07:14:21 am »
Scott,
Great video, really enjoyed it, looks like it went pretty smooth. I'd say Peggy actually had the tougher job of entertaining her talkative guest.  :)
I loved it when you told him you were far right...typical leftist mindset thinking only "they" are compassionate enough to want to save some bees, while the evil Republicans would not only want to kill the bees but pollute the air and poison the drinking water on the way out of town.  :-D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 04:48:51 pm by Moots »

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 10:22:02 am »
Good job Scott!  :th_thumbsupup:

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 11:19:49 am »
Great job Scott.  Finding that queen in that mess was impressive.  Great to see you up and about Peggie.

It is amazing how many people assume beekeepers are leftist.  I too am very quick to point out I am anything but.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 01:21:07 pm »
Great job Scott. Cannot believe you found the Q after dumping handfull after handful of bees in the box and vacuuming them out.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 05:58:52 pm »
Good to see you up and about Peg.

Nice job on the swarm.

Don

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 06:36:06 pm »
Glad to see Peggy in the video.   You could have just drove those bees home with you.   Great video. 

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 11:05:17 pm »
Nice video y'all.  Kinda sounded like Larry Bees in the background.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 01:08:22 am »
That was great Scott and Peggy. The guy was very excited it seems about the whole experience.

Wonderful and educational. I am always happy when you find the queen in that whole crowd of bees.

Thanks for sharing

Annette

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 06:10:19 am »
Great video Scott and Peg.  Thanks for sharing.

Glad to see Peg doing better.

James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan