Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: MONTHLY WALLPAPER CONTEST - We are Building a free calendar of wallpapers  (Read 2269 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Hi Gang:

I have been thinking a long time of WHAT to do for a CONTEST - finally I got the bugs out and it should work fine. I want all entries to post THUMBNAIL SIZE photos which lead to the full image. Perferrably using our IMAGESHACK - complete tutorial at the bottom of ever post you are working on.

Anyway - the rough rules will be THEMED WALLPAPER IMAGES SUBMISSION by the members - all images must be submitted NO LATER than the 25th of that month. I want to leave this forum fully available so ANYONE can use any of the submitted photos for wallpaper.

I'll build a MAIN FORUM CALLED "WALLPAPER CALENDAR CONTEST FORUM". The idea is EACH MONTH the Moderator Staff - will review THAT MONTHS IMAGES and choose the winner for that month in secret ballot - yeah, we can do neat things - lol.

But after 12 months (or sooner if members post images related to the 12 months of the year, Autumn, Spring, Summer Winter images or ANYHTHING that reflects a holiday, etc.. Imagine if a year of summissions for a wallpaper with a TON of image from members to use :)

MY LATEST THINKING SAYS THAT - EVERY MEMBER SHOULD CHOOSE WHO'S IMAGE IS THE BEST - I'll be adding polls to each image - we see how complicated that one is - I just want to see wallpaper sized images so we can all drawl from a great collection.

The idea is to CREATE a databank of AWESOME WALLPAPER IMAGES - As time goes on, we will have the GREATEST COLLECTION OF BEEKEEPING RELATED IMAGES (some say we ALREADY DO!!!)  - so many photos a TEACHER could PRESENT A SLIDE SHOW - something EVERY School-Kid needs for project, etc. I would love to have several files featuring our members photos they share with us.

So for now LET KNOW KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE CONTEST.

I love the great images everyone takes - There is one important rule you need to follow - or your image CANNOT BE JUDGED in the contest. You need to use THUMBNAILS which we can let DIAL-UPPERS see and each thumbnail should lead to a 1024x768 or 2048x1536 quality images. Afterall we are talking wallpapaer. Also, DON'T link LARGE image sizes directly to your post, it slows do the whole process terribly. Stick with thumbnail links to the higher res image.

DON'T FORGET - I'm just asking if you think it would be a good contest - all you win is the cover for any-said month, and honestly - there is no need to a forum JUST for the best images we are proud to call WALLPAPER for desktop images. Let me know, I'll work on the setup part :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:18:44 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
I think this is a GREAT idea. I use my own pics now as my home and work wallpaper, and it would be great to have a readily available selection from which to choose. It'd also encourage me to take more pics of my own girls.
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: MONTHLY WALLPAPER CONTEST - We are Building a free calendar of wallpapers
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 01:51:56 am »
I'm laying out 12 MONTHLY folders MEMBERS can add images to. Each month should have a bee related or seasonal theme about them.

We could have hundred and even thousands of beautiful wallpaper to choose from - wow. I promise to ENTER each month, I'll ABSTAIN so as to keep judge related to member polls and moderator breaking any close ones.

I look forward to a duel - let me see what you got, I found 16,544 images in my Win95 Dell laptop. My USB drive isn't reconized by the notebook - thinking trying t his Bic sized USB wireless hub.

I have a close up of a queen passing an egg - half still in her body. A really lucky shot, the alternate shots that I submitted to Beekeeping for dunmmies (befor landing the cover - I remind all humbly

Give me feed back and I'll start setting up a forum OCTOBER CONTEST - these are to be  be LOCKED as of 0000hrs the 25th of each month. So look for the OCTOBER CONTEST FORUM in the PHOTO SECTION soon.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything