Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Finally had time to edit the log video  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:24:56 pm by Haddon »

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Finally had time to edit the log video
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 10:13:17 pm »
Good video.   Lot of Bream bait in that log.   I hope you scorched all the earth around that log also to burn the jokers that fell out of the log as you were busting it.    :evil:  Burn them all.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 10:44:08 pm »
yah,that made a good fire there .last time i saw that many waxmoth larve  my fish had a good lunch :-D.thanks for the video.        schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:32:28 pm »
You did the right thing by burning the log, I had to do the same thing a couple of weeks ago to a bee tree, they absconded after I got them home. I cut the log open and there were millions of wax moth worms in it, I had never seen so many before. I just put the torch to it and let her burn out.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 12:49:46 pm »

I posted it because I want people to realize that it doesn't always work out. We as people seem to only video and take pictures of thing when they are going good hives full of bees gardens full of nice green plants when reality is you feel lucky if that is what you get. Most of the time its mediocre at best unless I am the only one with bad luck. I find doing cutouts easy keeping them alive after the fact is hard. I find swarms a shot in the dark too but all the videos and post make it sound like sure money if that was true the world would be filled to the brim with bees. I mainly wanted the video for my removal site so that when the general public sees it they will realize that you don't get 300 lbs of honey and a 300 dollar hive doing a removal. What you do get in my opinion is a swarm with some frames to use in the swarm trap next year on the average. On a good one you get a mediocre hive after all is said and done. 

Also I have got to find a way to shorten edit time that was a 45 min video I cut down to 9 minutes took me around 1 and half hours at least not including the time it took for windows media live to allow me to edit it was 3.66Gs to start Full 4G card on the sony play sport. Like the cam but it has no macro thats why I can't get up close shots my phone does better up close shots.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:22:31 pm by Haddon »

anything