Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New to beekeeping, live in Minnesota  (Read 1757 times)

Offline TLJ

• Brood
New to beekeeping, live in Minnesota
« on: January 07, 2011, 11:53:43 pm »
I don't have any hands-on experience in beekeeping, though I've read a lot and can't wait to get started. One hurdle I have is that I need to change my city's ordinance to allow beekeeping before I can really get started. So far I've met with the Planning and Zoning committee and they were supportive; next the recommendation goes to City Council. With any luck there will be a new ordinance on the books in March.

I look forward to learning everything I can from fellow members of this forum. Expect questions!
Terry

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: New to beekeeping, live in Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:33:42 am »
Welcome! Please put your location in your profile so that local beekeepers might come to your aide!

There are a few places around here that aren't bee friendly but with teamwork and some effort things can and will change...thank you for taking up the good fight! Until then, go rogue!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 08:47:29 pm »
Welcome.  I bet you can find some other beeks in your city to help.

Offline Course Bee

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 06:39:21 pm »
Welcome to the forum. There is a ton of good beekeeping info here to check out. Congratulations on the equipment!

Tim
Tim

Offline Course Bee

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 06:54:46 pm »
oops, I apologize on the congats for the equipment. That was someone in Michigan. Maybe someone will step up and give you some equipment though.  Check out Jim's blog and Natures Nectar if/when you get to ordering bees. He's in Stillwater which is fairly close to you.
 Tim
http://natures-nectarllc.com/index.html
http://naturesnectar.blogspot.com/
Tim

anything