Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Chrome Cigar anyone?  (Read 5604 times)

Offline Humanbeeing

• House Bee
Chrome Cigar anyone?
« on: January 22, 2011, 12:28:08 am »
Summer of 1974, Southern California, somewhere between Los Angeles and Bakersfield, up in the San Andreas National Forrest.
I was home on leave from the Army, after finishing basic training, and before being shipped off to Germany. I was programmed to snap to attention at 0330 hrs, every morning. Since everyone in my family was not, I decided I would go for a run while they slept. On this particular morning, I decided I would climb a nearby mountain, Frazier Mountain. While walking through the town of Frazier Park, I ran across one of my old buddies. While we were chatting, I told him I had to get going if I wanted to make to the top in good time. He thought it was a great idea and invited himself along.
Reaching the trail head, we hit the dirt marching double time. As we rounded the first bend in the creek bottom, I heard children laughing. I looked up the trail a ways, and I spotted 4 or 5 kids run out from behind a stand of willow bushes. They all stopped, stared at us for a moment, and started to laugh again. Then just as they appeared, they disappeared. We walked the 75 yards to where they were and we walked a little ways back into the bushes. There was absolutely no sign of them. We should have turned back then.
Onward we pushed, as the grade became steeper and steeper. For two hours we quick marched up the side of the mountain, until we were in thick pines and snow patches that never saw the sun. I noticed a huge tree, unlike any tree I had ever seen in that area before. It was at least 15 feet around and the bark was blood red. We though it would be a great place to have a rest, before making our way to the top, another mile or so away.
As we sat there chatting, me catching up on the town gossip, I caught sight of a shiney flash out over the canyon below, down in a deeper canyon, at the tree line. My buddy George, saw it at the same time and we both jumped up and strained our necks to watch what we thought was an airplane, surely about to crash. It looked as if it had nose dived into the canyon floor. We watch and watched, but no crash. We just looked at each other and shrugged or shoulders.
“I thought I saw an airplane about to crash, I said.”
“Me too, George responded.”
“Oh well. I said.”

We sat there for a few moments more, when a squirrel came running out of the bushes below us, chattering at the top of his lung capacity! He ran just below us and up the hill next to us and just disappeared into the brush. At that moment, I started to feel a deep vibration, down in my ear drums. It wasn't a sound so much, but more like an electric bass guitar after the lowest string has been plucked, and left to vibrate your ear drums.
As I sat there wondering what was happening, I noticed George was turning his head from side to side and squenching his eyes. He was hearing, or feeling it too. I started to ask him what the heck it was? That's when I saw the first one.
About 300 yards out, at a 45 degree angle, was a big, chrome, cigar floating in the air, slower than a normal person walks. It had a force field all around it. The best way I can explain the force field is that it looked exactly like the mirage you see out ahead of your car, on a hot desert road. That's when I realize where the deep vibration in my ears was coming from. At this point, I could feel the vibration sweeping the entire area around us. It moved from side to side, focusing on us, then sweeping wider, then coming back, full force, to us. I then saw the mirage like field around the craft, begin to pulsate and get larger. Just as it did, the craft accelerated lightening fast, and disappeared right before our eyes.
I jumped to my feet and told George that I was getting the heck out of there! And not in those exact words! He suggested we should hide and watch for it. I looked at him like he was a three headed thang-a-ma-jiggy, turned around, and started leaping down the side of the mountain, six to ten feet at a time, using the soft ground to cushion my landings, as I made the best time outta there that I could!
We ran until our lungs were on the verge of exploding. We began to walk, and in between breaths, we tried to reason out what we had just seen. That ended abruptly, when I felt the vibration once again. We looked up, and sure enough, there it was. We started running again. As we ran, it did exactly the same routine as the first time. The mirage force field, just before leaving so fast, making our heads swim! Just then, I had a premonition. I've never had a premonition before, nor since. I will tell you what my premonition was...are you ready? OK, here it is:

They are hiding in that Willow stand down below us, and they want to meet us! That's what I heard in my head, as if a different part of myself was talking to me.

We kept running until the vibration came back again. Again we looked up, and there it was.
That is all I remember, until I woke up, lying on the ground, looking straight up in the twilight sky, at three of them, directly overhead, about two thousand feet above us. I jerked my head down to look at my feet, and there was George, the soles of his feet were right up against mine, and lying on the ground, just as I was.
I looked back up at them. They were in a triangular pattern, just sitting there watching us. The one on the bottom left, began to vibrate the mirage like field around it, and in a split second, it vanished, next, the one on the bottom right did the same, with the top one following them.
As they began to depart, they would turn slightly to reveal their full shape, which was round, or saucer shaped.
We were only seeing the edge of them.
During all of this, I didn't look at my watch, I didn't really have time. Prior to all of this, it was about 11:30 am, when we stopped to rest.  After they disappeared, it was dark. We lost a little time in there somewhere.
Believe me or not, it happened.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:18:48 pm by Humanbeeing »
HELP! I accidently used Drone eggs with the Hopkins method and I got Drag Queens!!!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Chrome Cigar anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 10:24:20 am »
Whoa....................

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:19:32 am »
did you find any strange marks on your body?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 01:16:38 am »
Humanbeeing, that is one cool story!  (No, I’m not being sarcastic either)

All these years later, any guesses to what it might have been?  Ball Lightening?  Some piezo effect from the mountain rock?  Electrical interference?  Electrical discharge into that big tree?  Or still no good explanation to the data?

The mirage would obviously suggest a hot surface turning the air around it into a lens.  The deep hum, maybe a piezo effect from a fault slipping?  The brain is an electrochemical machine, how confident are you that you’re brain wasn’t compromised by some electrical event?  Interference, discharge?  How about a gas discharge (methane,CO,CO2) in the area resulting in reduced O2 and maybe a hallucination response in the brain?    

I’m a little envious of you.  You’ve got a rare experience.  Being a science person I would want to explain it away with things we know about, but science doesn’t know everything.  It’s a big universe out there and the laws of probability doesn't forbid some really strange things!

Offline Humanbeeing

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 04:30:47 am »
If you had been there, you wouldn't be even a little envious of me. It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced in my entire life. It was so scary, in the past 35 years, nothing has come close to it. As far as the different effects you speak of, OK, I guess anything is possible. I'm open to a good explanation. All I know about it, is what I wrote there. I wish I hadn't been there. The reoccurring nightmare for 2 or 3 years after, was far worse than the initial experience. Beyond strange.
It's all good now. In the end, for some strange reason, I think it helped me.
You are right. It is a big creation, and there is much more going on, than we know. Afterall, the human senses are registering less than 5% of the reality we are immersed in. It's all very simple though, for being so complicated. There are many radio stations on the dial. We just happen to be tuned into this one. Turn the dial.
HELP! I accidently used Drone eggs with the Hopkins method and I got Drag Queens!!!

Offline Humanbeeing

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 04:34:45 am »
did you find any strange marks on your body?
After barreling down the side of that mountain thru trees, bushes, and falling and rolling once or twice, yea...you could say that. I know what you are refurring to, but I never checked for that type of mark. I wasn't aware of those things, back in those days.