Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Seen the new Spyder?  (Read 13130 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Seen the new Spyder?
« on: October 06, 2007, 07:19:46 pm »
My son-in-law works for a company that sells Bombardier products.  He is a lucky man, he is always bringing home new models of machines, be it sleds, watercraft, and recently, Bombardier's new three wheel motorcycle to try out, good for advertising too, we here all benefit from his toys that come from his place of employment!!!! :) :)  It is cool and he says that riding it is a blast, almost as much fun as his Buell.  Have a wonderful day, greatest of life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline super dave

• House Bee
Re: Seen the new Spyder?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 10:56:25 pm »
oh god i want one -- that is so cool
lets throw it in the air and see which  way it splatters

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 12:12:21 am »
Superdave.  He told me that riding this machine really was quite a different feel, compared to a bike.  He loved it, but I see he only brought it home once.  My husband tried it out when we went to Kelowna last time, he loved it and was trying to convince me to get this Spyder instead of the Harley Nightster that we will be ordering next early spring.  I tried out the Nightster a couple of weeks ago.  What a bike.  The feel of it was good, not like many of the Sportster models I have tried.  The Nightster was perfectly balanced, and being rather vertically challenged, topping out at 5'2", this Nightster was the perfect height for me, I didn't need it lowered at all, and I felt in absolute control, that is a good thing.  I think I will get the handlebars moved slightly back so I can have a better feel there, but so, it is great!!!!!!  Can't wait for spring riding!!!  Have a wonderful day, greatest of this life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 08:27:10 am »
That's great, Cindi, I'm jealous. I have to say I really hated my Sportster, it was too darned tall (and I'm 5'7"), the center of gravity was too high.  I ended up on a low rider, I dropped it 1" on the forks and put shorty shocks on it - you could knee it off the stand.  What a bike.  I should have kept it and sold the (at that time) husband, but I stupidly sold it...it's a long story  :-\

Anhoo, enjoy your ride!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 01:01:10 pm »
Ann, you're right about the Sportster being too high, it is a very uncomfortable bike, even for a taller person, just not built right in my eyes, the centre of gravity too high, as you were saying.

My husband has a Fat Boy and it is so user friendly to ride, it is huge, but because of the way the bike is built, even I can get on it and feel like it would not tip over.  What did they do so wrong with the tall Sportsters?  Guess they are OK for some people.  Yes, we's gonna be a'ridin' this spring and summer, all over crazy's half acre!!!!  Gonna be a blast!!!  I know what you are saying about should have sold the husband instead, it too me too long to sell my old husbands that I should have sold earlier so many, many years ago.  But just like you Ann, I have new and improved, and we have been 27 years coming up on Feb 14 in my "new and improved" life.  I remember you briefly telling me of your life story, seems quite similar to mine!!!!  Happy, happy day, it makes me almost cry!!!!! Such a silly young girl I was.....so many years ago :( :) ;) :) :) :)Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 10:23:19 am »
A lot of reviews refer to sportsters as being paint shaker smoothe. If someone really wants a Harley, the premium models are the way to go. I retired my perfect riding record because of Katrina, it took my Valkyrie, that was one fine bike! Still get the urge to ride though on those perfect ridable days.
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 10:32:54 am »
JP, Valkyrie, what type of bike was that?  Tell us the tale of Katrina and what happened to your bike.  I know it was terrible and hideous mass destruction.  I wish the world did not have these terrible weather events that occur.  Have a great and wonderful day, beautiful life to go along with it. Cindi

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 12:13:01 pm »
Cindi, the Sportster is just too tall, the center of gravity is high, it's harder for us little ladies to control - I used to ride with a HOG group, and when I went to the lowrider, one of the longtime bikers complimented me on my riding skills on it - and confessed he was leary of riding near me when I was on the Sportster, because he knew they were harder for women to ride.  This was an 883, but not the Hugger.  Here's the funny story of how I ended up on the lowrider.

My ex wanted a twelve-pack, and he was a bit too tipsy already to go for it.  So he sent me out on the lowrider (I had driven the car there with the kids, it was a big party with kid stuff during the day, away from the drunks  :roll:) .  I hopped on and took the scenic route to get the beer.  Got it, went back to the party and announced "You've just made a serious mistake!"  :evil:  We traded the Sporty in for an FLH for him.  I'd never ride on the back of his bike (I don't like being a package anyways, I prefer to be in control) because of his drinking.  Worked out wonderfully for me!  :lol:

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 10:25:24 pm »
They don't make Valkyries anymore (Honda). The bike didn't get flooded but did have water damage and lots of crap like tree branches and part of my patio awning got wrapped around the bike from tornadoes. The insurance guy totaled it. I was surprised at how it kept its value. The Valkyrie, Cindi was a power cruiser with a flat 6 cylinder engine, not unlike a car small block engine. Mine was a '99 model, I miss it, God bless its soul. :'(
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 08:18:11 am »
this is my bike, its a 2002 Ultra Classic,

if I was to ever get another I would either make my harley a trike or buy a T-Rex

http://www.go-t-rex.com/high_resolution_pictures.asp?nav=en-us

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 10:57:36 am »
Ann, nice little bit about your life.  Yeah!!!!  I don't like being a package either, that is why I am getting my own.  Always rode bikes, ever since I was a young girl, riding on my Dad's 80 Yamaha, and getting into rider bigger ones by the year, took a break for many many years and then began to ride a little again, and now, you can't get me off the bike (even though I was still a package this summer, :( ;) :)

JP, that is really too darn bad, save your dollars and dimes and get another one one day, you know you want it!!!!!  Sorry to hear that blasted tornado did so much damage.

Ted, I like your bike.  It looks like it is set up for long road trips, yeah!!!!  How do you stop your ass from hurting too much though?  That is my quandry about any long road trips.  I know mine gets kind of sore even after riding on the b_____ pad on the back for an hour.  That is kind of tough stuff.  What is your longest road trip you have been on?

My husband has a little seat that he sticks on the fender and I sit on that.  It is held on by suction cups and the law of gravity and my bum.  Thank goodness from my lifetime of riding horses and working the land my leg muscles are like iron steel and I can use them to balance perfectly too.  Balance, 100% and hanging on for dear life like a little monkey!!!!!

When we go out on a longer ride he puts on the seat that has the backrest, yes, a breath of safety happens then.  Have a wonderful day, beautiful day and love our life we're livin'. Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 12:48:35 pm »
My wife likes what she calls the " Paw Paw bikes ", Honda goldwings. I would probably lean towards a tryke of some sort, but that spyder sure looks sweet.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 12:53:18 pm »
JP, I love the Honda Goldwings.  THey are things of beauty too.  All bikes are beautiful, I love the look of them all, and anyone who owns a bike should consider themselves very lucky souls.  Now, there are some that would ever in their wildest dreams be caught on a bike, with their "long blonde hair flyin' in the sun".  Oh brother, my daughter's pittie just kicked my keyboard, thought for sure I would have lot this post.  That's what you get for letting a dog sleep beside ya on the couch!!!  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, this is a life to love.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 11:55:03 pm »
There are so many cool bikes out today to choose from. Big bikes have been "in". I personally believe the bigger the bike the safer especially on the highway, particularly on the highway. Yrs ago I took the basic motorcycle safety course on a Honda 250, what fun that was. Those smaller, lighter bikes are so nimble.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 11:50:41 am »
on long rides My rear end fells like a tooth ak,  here is the secret for long rides and no sore butt, seen a guy at a gas station and he had these and said it cures sore butt's on long rides and they work  ;) ...

http://www.beadrider.com/

my longest trip was going Back home to see family, rode 720 mile in 11 hours (Baton Rouge Louisiana) , butt sore, sometimes I would put cruz controll on and sit in the passenger seat but that wasn't the worst, sun burn from heck, found out only tanning lotion is sold by interstate store's, now have some sun block on bike all the time ;) 
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 12:08:12 pm »
I personally believe the bigger the bike the safer especially on the highway, particularly on the highway.

Maybe from a visability stand point,  but when your sliding across the ground and the bike is chasing you or you need to quickly swerve or go thru the ditch,  I'll take my KLR any day.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 12:32:55 pm »
Ted, oh make me laugh so hard!!!  By the way that site was so good.  I loved the caption "monkey butt".  I thought it was so funny I e-mailed the site to my husband, man did I get a kick out of that one.  That was a road trip and a half, I can be you butt looked like "monkey butt", heeee, heee, heee!!!!  Have a wonderful day, best of this great and beautiful life we hold in the palm of our hands.  Cindi

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 12:36:53 pm »
I loved the caption "monkey butt". 

They even make anti-monkey butt powder.  When I bought my seat, they sent me a can..
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 03:32:33 pm »
Rob, the visibility factor, yes, unless the bike's black and you dress in all black. I drove a moped yrs ago and even small cars that zoomed by almost knocked me off the road. A large, heavy bike is safer on the highway at higher speeds in my book. They're not very good in the city though, they're too heavy and arkward, especially in heavy traffic, talk about wearing you out.

yeshadette21

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 12:47:27 am »
on long rides My rear end fells like a tooth ak,  here is the secret for long rides and no sore butt, seen a guy at a gas station and he had these and said it cures sore butt's on long rides and they work  ;) ...
my longest trip was going Back home to see family, rode 720 mile in 11 hours (Baton Rouge Louisiana) , butt sore, sometimes I would put cruz controll on and sit in the passenger seat but that wasn't the worst, sun burn from heck, found out only tanning lotion is sold by interstate store's, now have some sun block on bike all the time ;) 

Well, that's good for you, that you could always bring sun block. It protect from the sun to avoid sun burn. I just wondering that there are people spent there time using tanning bed or tanning lotion. Over exposure to direct and artificial sunlight may cause sun burn.