Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Does anyone know anything about Candibox?  (Read 2968 times)

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
Does anyone know anything about Candibox?
« on: August 14, 2005, 04:08:31 am »
Hi all!

I am in the market for a frame feeder for the winter and another to work on a modification idea I have. I was at
http://www.candibox.com/
and they were talking about no drownings. I didn't understand how the shape does that, unless I missed something. Has anyone any experience with this system? I'm a bit concerned it takes up two frames though. Thanks! You've all been great straight shooters and I've learned a lot so far. David
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 11:38:58 pm »
I have not used one, but basically a frame of comb goes in it and the bees crawl up and down the comb.

Michael
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline latebee

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 10:18:46 pm »
I purchased two candibox feeders in 2004.There is less drowning than in the older feeeders,but the drawback is that when full they really get wide-so if you were to do an inspection its pretty tough to get the other frames in and out,they actually become about three and a half frames wide when almost full,and when the supporting frames on the side are removed.
The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.

anything