Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Idee You still online? could ya answer a couple questions for me?  (Read 1703 times)

Offline harvey

• House Bee
kkkaa

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Idee You still online? could ya answer a couple questions for me?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 12:13:30 am »
Not about foundationless or plastic frames and foundation. About anything, possibly so.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline harvey

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 12:15:27 am »
Hmm ok,  well do you think I could package the bee's in the barn ok and then move them out in a couple days when the weather is nicer?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 12:20:34 am »
If you can get them all in the hive and they have ventilation and food, yes. My worry would be having too many stragglers during the install.

I think, if the neighborhood is safe enough, I would move them to the garage doorway and leave them and the garage door open until they were all in the hive, ""night time""???
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline harvey

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 12:23:11 am »
Thanks this I will do.  My barn is kinda like a garage.  I will put the two packages in and then leave the entrance open for the straglers.  Once it is dark then seal the entrance and move them in the morning.  Just didn't want to try and package them in the field with it raining real hard.  Do you think it is a good idea to put in a couple full capped frames of honey?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 12:25:45 am »
Yes on the honey.

Be sure they have ventilation when you seal them up. Without ventilation, they will cook in an hour, sitting in snow.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline harvey

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 12:27:06 am »
ok,  thank you.