Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Rubber band question  (Read 11528 times)

Offline obxbee

• New Bee
Re: Rubber band question
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 01:11:16 am »
Iddee
Would that comb be suitable for putting in nucs or swarm traps if you did not want to
Melt it diwn?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 07:47:14 am »
Sure. If oriented properly, it may be fine for years in the hive you set up from the removal. Nothing wrong with it.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline obxbee

• New Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 09:41:11 am »
Thank you for sharing your knowledge Iddee

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 01:19:07 pm »
Oooh, love the sign board idea, going to combine it with the other thing I do.  You know how sometimes you have a beautiful piece of brood comb that will fit perfectly in a frame if you leave some honey comb with it?  I always bring a big rubbermaid tote with me and the rack out of an old refrigerator.  I duck tape the rack to the tote (otherwise it tends to scoot around, especially once slick with honey)  and lay the comb on that while cutting and putting it in the frame, it reduces the comb piece getting all smeared with honey.  Since we aren't all as good at casually cutting and popping it perfectly into frames like JP is :-D

JC

"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"