Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: OK I have finally lost it.  (Read 15648 times)

Offline wayne

• House Bee
OK I have finally lost it.
« on: January 10, 2011, 03:46:38 pm »
 Last night about midnight I was making the rounds of the house before I went to bed. I looked out at the front yard and our vehicles and the bird feeders as I checked the door. I saw something moving. Now on the north there is a 6 foot privacy fence and 200 feet beyond is a street light. There is a flood light on the pole in front of the neighbors house about 150 feet to the south which casts shadows on the fence from things in the yard.
  My pickup is parked about 10 feet from the fence with a pine between it and the fence at the front and the Shepard's Hook with the wife's bird feeder between the back and the fence.
  What was moving was my trucks SHADOW. When I looked out it was on lower half of the fence, clear and dark, and moving downward. I looked for the bird feeder shadow but it was covered by the truck's. As I watched, the trucks shadow moved down and exposed the one from the bird feeder.
  This took a minute or so and I had time to look around the yard and the only movement was that one shadow. It was as if a black blanket was being slid down the fence and across the yard. And when it reached the point where it lined up with the other shadows cast by the flood light it stopped and seemed to lighten in color.
  I even went out on the porch to see if there was another light source in the sky but it was overcast and dark.
  I guess my caboose has gone round the bend at last.
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: OK I have finally lost it.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 03:58:39 pm »
Remember, don't chug the niquil...one little cup is all you need :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 06:40:50 pm »
Quiet, or we might come after you...............

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 01:05:28 am »
Only the Shadow knows.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 01:22:45 am »
We were in a meteor shower the last few nights.  Might explain a secondary light source at nite.  My wife just texted me asking if there could be lightening @ 32 degrees on a clear cloudless nite.  She saw bright flash out all the windows.  The weather lady on TV said they had lots of calls about it and offered the meteor explanation.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 03:28:32 pm »
The lights may have been from those black helicopters.

Offline wd

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 01:19:45 am »
A meteor shower would help explain it, I've seen them graze the earths atmosphere, One was so huge and close I thought it was the end of earth as we know it. I waited a moment for it to hit but obviously it went  right on by. Several people called the local news to report the flash (greenish blue), of course they made a joke out of it.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 09:40:44 am »
Then.... There is "NAVY NYQUIL" the wonderful product which I so miss. The was 40+ proof alcohol - and you did two shots. That was the recommend dose age, you were drunk of your rear-end.

Now Navy NYQUIL is just liquid Tylenol 400mill gram. And favored cyrus crap. I didn't mind the comfort that doing old school night helped when you needed it - this new stuff is like popping 2 over the counter Tylenol (about 4 cents each).

GUESS I'M WONDERING, did anyone ever use NAVY NYQUIL from the Exchanges and such places.???

It was like drinking an orange or grape liquor, and do shots every three hours before having two more shots. After the second sets of shots, you already break the Federal Drunk Driving Rules of alcohol level you have in your blood. Guarantee you'll fail a sobriety, but your pain was aided greatly. Nothing good was gonna last forever.

We Miss you Navy NYQUIL - REST IN PEACE.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline GoodWeather

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 12:11:58 am »
I Never tried it but wish I could have. It sounds great. It made me think about having some of the blueberry mead I have in the basement. It's too bad that products like Navy Nyquil aren't allowed to exist. Shucks.

Seeing images moving outside due to meteors is pretty cool.
My cousin heard these noises that scared her on Jan 17th 2012 while upstairs
Check out strange noises around the world on you tube jan 17th   or  Strange Noise      Freaky
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:27:15 am by GoodWeather »

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 01:12:55 am »
I rememberthe Orange and Cherry cough syrup they gave you at the despensery or sick bay.  20 percent alcohol and the rest was codine! Nighty night!  didn't help the sore throat but you didn't care any more if it did or not.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 01:30:17 am »
Was it a relative of terpin Hydrate or GI GIN?  That is what was the Air Force drug of choice.  I was always a hot brandy with honey and lemon man anyway.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 01:05:59 am »
I worked in the base engine shop, if you came in with a cold or flu the Chief would send you home.  He would sent you by the base package store to pick up a bottle of brandy.  If you didn't have the money he would loan it to you until payday.  He would say go home drink the brandy and be back at work the next day.

Joe
ADJ 2

anything