Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from Michigan  (Read 3195 times)

Offline emmasma

• Brood
Hi from Michigan
« on: November 06, 2005, 06:18:04 pm »
I'm a professional mom and a waitress.  Lately I've been studying up on beekeeping.  I hope to start my first hives in the spring.  This forum is really great,  I think I'm learning alot, Thanks!

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Hi from Michigan
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 06:42:09 pm »
I have to ask.... How does one become a professional Mom? I have six kids. Does that make me a professional Dad??

Weeelcome aboard.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

manowar422

Hi from Michigan
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 12:19:55 am »
I've also got 3 children of my own, but I'll be the
first to admit, I only think of myself as a journeyman
parent :lol:

Welcome emmasma

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Hi from Michigan
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 09:18:23 am »
emmasma:

Glad to have you aboard our forum and hope you get all your beekeeping questions answered as you begin your journey. I think you will find that they are truly amazing creatures, fascinating to watch, especially knowing that they do everything instinually and predicting their behaviour gets easier with time - although, swarm behaviour will always through you curves, in general they really do respond very much "By the Book".

Best wishes here and have fun with the gang!!!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jay

• House Bee
Hi from Michigan
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 10:21:22 am »
I've only got two kids, but if I had six like Jerry, I wouldn't be a professional, I'd be Certifiable!!!

Welcome aboard the rollercoaster of fun Emmasma. I think you'll find us all crazy here, but we have a very good time talking about bees! And some of these people here are such fantastic photographers (frankly I think some missed their calling) that the photos you'll see flying around here are nothing less than stunning!

Do us a favor and put your location in your profile, that way when you ask a question, we'll know what climate your question is specific to. Then ask and learn! Read books, read this forum, read anything you can get your hands on! And always keep in mind that whenever you ask 5 beekeepers a question, you'll always get at least 7 awnsers!! But as Miss Frizzle always says (and if you're really a professional mom you know exactly what I'm talking about) "if you keep asking questions you'll get the awnser. So lets get out there and take chances, make mistakes, and get messy!!! " :D
By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson