Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Harper's Island  (Read 7792 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Harper's Island
« on: May 03, 2009, 12:34:20 pm »
I'm not sure what to think of this one, I think I'm hitting that age where everyone young looks alike to me, so I can't follow this like I'd like too.

We've watched all the shows, but they kill off enough people each week that they always seem to introduce new people, how can you figure out a "Who-done-it" with new people all the time?

Now I have to go to CBS and look through their CLUE SECTION to see what they are offering us.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: Harper's Island
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 01:59:25 pm »
I started watching it BUT....

The weather man decided he need to track tornadoes all through the second episode and I missed the makeup airing late the next Sunday.

THEN.... I guess they changed days of showing cause I didn't know it was on last night.

So now I guess I am really lost  :'(
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 02:23:12 pm »
On www.cbs.com they have all 4 episodes there to watch in HD now if you want to catch up Jerry.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 02:33:52 pm »
OH!  :shock:

OK  :-D
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 12:29:04 am »
The first time I saw the first episode I thought as soon as I saw him "The Taxi driver!!!!"

Bow that I have watched all of the first five I still say "The Taxi Driver."

Now he is not killing them all. Someone else killed Kelly and another person killed Hunter. Not sire who yet.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 04:31:02 pm »
I still have to watch last weeks show, but up until then, my vote is (oddly conceived) THE GROOM!

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 04:52:22 pm »
He might have done in Hunter. But I don't think he is doing the traps in the woods.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 07:45:46 pm »
Jerry:

That trap dug out for the girl who had the dog needed more than one guy and a shovel, that's for sure - I think that one show alone makes me believe it is a multi-people mass plot, with digging equipment (I'm looking for a contractor on the island) and even the ground that was dug up was nowhere in the picture, where'd they move it too?

I know the nerdy whimpy guy was bleeding out, but we never did see him REALLY dead, only the fat friend crying - mostly from guilt over grabbing the cash!

Like I said, I missed this last weeks show - so I'm out of date on what's up. Gonna watch it now before Survivor is on :)

I still believe that EVEN IF it is a conspiracy that the GROOM is involved - time will tell.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 07:54:01 pm »
Don't remember if it is in the 5th Eps. But it won't ruin nothing for you.
The fat guy buried the other guy.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 09:38:53 am »
Now that Wakefield may be the mystery father, rather than the Sherrif, and the Sherriff supposedly help Madsion captive (for a game) we are going into week 10 of 13, and I still see nothing that doesn't say the GROOM. Sure the sherriff got caught by the trap set by his ex-deputy, but anyone could have walked into that one. It is THOSE DEAD we need to rule out and, when someone is pointed at and blamed, I tend to dismiss them too, so the Sherriff is out, although the Madison kidnapping seems more like a TRAP than anything, who the Sherriff is trying to trap (if he indeed is) is another story.

I stay with the groom, did he silence his brother purposely, was his brother on the verge of telling what he knew and had to be killed - we'll see. I really don't see anyone else who ISn't at the scene of the crime when everyone finds dead bodies, so he will stay on my list until finally ruled out.

What would stink if they brought in a character that was barely mentioned (if ever) and blamed it on him/her. I still say, it takes a lot of work to setup 10ft deep, 8ft round hole in the ground traps (without leaving any sand piles around) without the use of an equipment yard. That one puzzles me, could the Sherriff be in on it, just for the sake of getting is :Daughter" out of there, surely there has to be a better way - maybe he should have just insistedm although he seems tough and organized on the outside, knowing Wakefield is the real father (obviously from his daughters earliest years) he still loves her, but at what cost?

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 10:58:01 am »
I knew it
I knew it
I knew it

:-\  :-\  :-\  :-\

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 02:42:39 pm »
Wakefield being alive seems likely after watching the last few shows, and now we know it is true. I still say though, he couldn't have done all these things himself and that is where I believe the groom still comes in - I could very well be wrong, something appear that the timing is impossible, but no clocks are running anywhere, so a half hour between when we see one scene relative to the last scene we saw could misleading as viewers.

My wife believes it is Jimmy the Boyfriend the boathand/fish chum cutter - who is an island native and welcomed his XGF with welcome home (and got a reply "I'm not staying") Jimmy had no reply to that.

So, I think throwing Wakefield back in the show was Jumping the Shark a bit, it was not impossible, but when you have charactors each week you follow, looking for clues and flaws, you shouldn't toss in someone who suppose to be dead, killed by the Sheriff himself. I hate cop-out story lines and I think the only savation is to make it a really big player who is also involved, if not the main perp. Counting down, we'll see soon the whole story, then have to watch it all over to see what we missed.

I'm figuring that the last episode will be a full recap of how it all went down, I still want to know how they dug a ditch 8ft round and as deep with no piles of soil to be found anywhere around. And what about that trail and hole, I can't remember anyone ever coming across it again in the series?

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 02:50:06 pm »
But who is Wakefield's kid?
Jimmy
Jimmy's buddy
The groom

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 04:12:15 pm »
Okay:

Just watched last night's show in full - I'm sure of this now. There has to be three people involved, Wakefield, Jimmy and Henrry (groom). I don't know if Henry and Jimmy know about each others involvement, but Henry was in the bar/dinner with everyone else when the fat lady was dragged to the roof and tossed off hanging. One person couldn't do that alone.

I think Hentry is Wakefield's son, not Jimmy. As for Jimmy, he obviously knew enough to get away from the boat before it blew up, he was hurt when carried into the bar, but not burnt. So he was injured after the boat exploded, but also after he helped pull the fat local lady to the roof for hanging.

Wakefield, drove the Sheriff's car and tossed Jimmy on the ground then drove back to the hotel waiting on Abby to go and see her father - who, I believe doesn't know of Jimmy's involvement. I believe some people may think the Sheriff was giving clues to Abby about Wakefield hurting and using those you LOVE, and mentioning Jimmy in the same sentence as a CODE MESSAGE, warning Abby but hopefully not giving too much away so Wakefield kills her.

So, Multi-conspiracies, but likely Jimmy and Henry don't know of each other's involvement - at least I don't think Henry knows about Jimmy - although, he has to be surprised at the heavy lady off the roof, surely Wakefield couldn't do that alone.

Lastly, if the killer/s was on the roof, why didn't all the people with guns pour out of every window and door and just shoot toward the roof? Instead they just stand around making that half-brained fire-bomb the truck so you can light-up the car and get someone shot idea! Ugh, foolishness as it winds down!

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 08:59:22 pm »
I am leaning toward Henry as Abby's half brother. I mean really. How many guy/gal relationships are like theirs? With out hanky panky  :shock: So there is some unaware connection between them.

And how about the bride-to-be not being concerned about it? Now that is weird. Tell your wife or fiance you're gonna go hang with a chick and see how well that goes over.  :-D

He hung the cop using the truck. He could have possibly done the same with the woman. Or perhaps at gun point got her to go up on the roof and then pushed her off.

And that hole you keep worrying about. Perhaps it was an old poacher's trap that has been around awhile.