Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: To Much 4%pollen Bee Pro Patties from Mann Lake  (Read 12357 times)

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
To Much 4%pollen Bee Pro Patties from Mann Lake
« on: February 09, 2008, 01:18:03 am »
Ok so today I went to the Mann Lakes Bakersfield pick up only office to get my supposed 20 patty case of 4%pollen Bee Pro patties. And what would you know they had me down for the 64 pack. Ok so now I have so many 4%pollen Bee Pro patties I dont know what to do with. Can I freeze some of them and who would want lots of 8 or 16.  I have 3 packages of 16 I can sale to someone who ever want it and I can priority mail it in the flat rate box as I checked it will fit. I am asking 1.00 a patty plus shipping of 10.00. Let me know if any of you all would like some.

Angi

Oh and if I can freeze some how long would it keep int he fridge. Or do you think I should keep it all in case I get alot of Swarms. So far I am the only one in the county willing to do them for FREE> So the Ag Commis office said more then likely I will be getting all of the calls. lol

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: To Much 4%pollen Bee Pro Patties from Mann Lake
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 09:58:01 am »
Freezing would be the best way to keep them.  Frozen they will keep for several years.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 11:32:16 pm »
I ended up doing much the same thing. I have them well wrapped and taking up freezer space. They seem to thaw pretty quickly, when you're ready to take a few out.
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 03:11:16 am »
Thanks I have put them in the freezer. It is just I have only bought one package this year. And hopefully get a few swarms but to have a total of 64 patties is a little much if you ask me. OMg that is way to many. I scraped off all of the patty mix that was glued on the card board seperaters and wadded it into a ball and flattened it out and placed it on the tray under the cover that I have been feeding the bees that are visiting from the grove of Almonds that are not even blooming yet. They are all coming to my house to eat. So I am feeding them. I have also put out s hive next to where they are eating and put in a swarm lure just in case they decide to leave where they are now and come to my house. I want them to go back to there hive and say hey this place is great she will spoil us lets go. They were flying big time today and were consuming the pollen and the patty like a mad man. The hives are less then 1/4 mile from us. Hopefully if they decide to swarm then they will take over that deep I put out there. They are coming empty of pollen and leaving so full in there baskets that they have a hard time flying it is funny. Now which ever hive they come from are really going to build up those stores and get big fast. It is funny because my 4yo and 7yo boys go and grab chairs and sit right next to the feeder and watch them and almost are so close to touch them and they keep on eating. The 7yo pretends with his camera that is a play camera that he is doing a documentry on the bees and changes his camera from area to area saying he is filming them eating. And is badly wanting them to come to your hive box. God April is such a long long time away to get my bees.

Angi

Offline BULLSEYE BILL

• House Bee
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 02:20:06 am »
You have the best kind of bees, like grandkids.  You can feed them, play with them, and send them home at night. :-D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 10:46:10 am »
Angi, nice little story, hee, hee,  ;) :).  You will use up all the pollen patty, if you can share with someone (for sale) that would work too, good luck, girl.

Bullseye Bill.  I dont' think that you have been officially welcomed to this forum.  You have made 5 posts and I didn't see any welcome.  I missed you somehow.  So I have officially welcomed you now, that makes me feel good.  Our forum is a wonderful place to spend time, you will discover this.  Tell us stories, ask questions, we are all interested in each other around here, and that is a great thing. Welcome, have an awesome and wonderful day, love our life on earth. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 09:02:13 pm »
mann lake shipped  to me from your area.  for some reason they didn't have the smaller boxes of patties.  when they called and offered me the big box, i turned them down.  they ended up breaking up a big box and sending me the amount i ordered.  got here on time, so i have no complaints, but i got the feeling that they were really trying to sell the bigger boxes. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 09:45:43 pm »
IF i am not mistaken they are pushing the 64 pack -because they are not going to offer it in 08-reason being the weight of the package is more than UPS will deal with so they have to ship freight or for pickup only-the 40 pack will be able to ship ups  8-)-so they must sell them intill they are gone from stock-RDY-B

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 01:01:13 am »
Ya if you look at the new catalog all they have is the 40 lb packages. And they just billed my cc on file. My short trip cost me 122.00 So if anyone wants to buy one package of 16 for 16.00 plus shipping let me know. I have to recoup some of my dollars so I can buy some of the other stuff I need.

Angi

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 10:36:53 am »
Angi, that is a real big bummer, I am serious.  I hope that you can recoupe some of your costs somehow, someway, have a beautiful, awesome day, girl, love our life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 12:13:56 pm »
Than they should have a sale price if its going to be discontinued as opposed to feigning mistakes and having customers buy too much. I hate this type of dishonesty. Childish and annoying.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 01:49:24 pm »
Than they should have a sale price if its going to be discontinued as opposed to feigning mistakes and having customers buy too much. I hate this type of dishonesty. Childish and annoying.
     THE pick up only distributors for manlake are basically a freight drop -this has been discussed -but if it where mannlake corporate show room they would have broken down the large box into two small boxes and sold angi one of them -I have had many dealings with manlake and many many dollars have passed hand -I have only good to say about there efforts to satisfy customers needs   :lol: 8-) RDY-B

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 06:48:08 pm »
i had no problem with them braking down a bigger box for me and shipping it.  it was just odd that they called and said they didn't have the smaller boxes and wanted to sell me the 63 pack.  there are probably people who would not want to wait and would take the bigger box.  when i told them i would wait, they manged to get a smaller box put together for me.  why not just do that in the first place?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 07:45:08 pm »
the purpose of the pick up only-frieght drop locations is to save charges on freight -(transport by truck only)-if it can be shipped-(sent through mail or by UPS) then call manlake direct in woodland -and they will send it by appropriate methods-remember the pickup only locations are a MIDDEL MAN and wont give you the same time and effort as the corporate showroom-when you go to a pickup location you are getting manlake products but you are not dealing with manlake -RDY-B
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 02:37:01 am by rdy-b »

Offline sellis

• New Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 12:16:27 am »
do u still have some available i would like to purchase some from you ??

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 02:57:14 am »
Ya I do I have 3 packages in the freezer. Where are you located? It would help us help you if you went into your profile and  put where you lived in there. Send me a privet message.  Go to my name and click on it and then click on send a privet message.

Angi