Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Horse riding  (Read 23118 times)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Horse riding
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2005, 12:17:32 am »
LOL, come back, I just want to play..........
Ryan Horn

Offline melliphile

• House Bee
?
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 01:05:11 pm »
I've ridden horses year round.  Never heard otherwise till I read this thread.
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." -Plato

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Horse riding
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 05:07:26 pm »
I dont ride in the winter here we just put the horses on the tredmill.
Ryan Horn

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
Horse riding
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 06:34:14 am »
i'm not in a position that i can keep horses right now but had the pleasure of growing up on horse farms and cattle ranches,  i miss it a great deal and cont wait until i can get some property of my own so i can get back into horsin around:D
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Horse riding
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 05:37:18 pm »
http://www.legacyfriesians.com/afke.html

i put this link up mostly for Michael Bush, but these horses are pretty cool.  they belong to a friend of mine.  

for me, i just want something that goes where i want to go and doesn't lose me along the way.

in another life, i was a cutter.  i still have my last cutting horse and my husband rides him.  i gave up the show thing for the camping/trail riding thing.  i like it much better!!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Re: Horse riding
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 11:34:02 pm »
What a beautiful animal
kirk-o
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 11:51:43 am »
she got her sold.  to bad.  she was a great mare.  oh well, she's like me....to many horses and you can only ride one at a time.  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 12:17:12 am »
Michael, I am very impressed by the beauty and size of your Friesiens.  Very beautiful breed of horses.

My daughters always had horses growing up, and I did to as a young girl.  My girls were always involved with equestrian eventing, etc.  We no longer have horse, the girls moved out, we got sick of vet and farrier bills, hay and the work involved.  I was too busy to ride, life was too complicated.  I really miss horses.  Maybe one day again.  I love the smell of horse breath and their sweat on a warm day, nothing can compare.

Your stock must keep you very busy Michael.  Good for you, it is alot of work to breed horses, a job I do not envy.  thank you for taking us into your world and showing us your pride and joys.

Do you ride these animals?  I would venture that they would be a wonderful bareback ride, their backs look very nicely formed and comfortable.  I have ridden horses bareback that you wished you had never put your rear on, regrettable for sure.

I had a quarterhorse mare once, palomino, 16.3 h.h.  she was so tall I could barely get on her, even with saddle.  I much prefer the smaller 15 hh or 14.3, perfect for me.  Best of a great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline paulybee

• New Bee
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2007, 08:52:32 am »
Ryan,  Here's something to think about on your plan to get some kind of draft horse.  There are a lot of horse rescues out there that have draft horses and they do not typically ask much money for them...they just want to cover their expense.  You would be supprised at what kind of horses are out there...they are not all abused animals, many are there because their owners couldn't take care of them any more.  Just go to petfinders dot com and enter "horse" and your zip code and it will bring up anything in your area.  Also, contact the local animal shelter in your area and they can tell you about any rescues that may be too small to be on the internet.  By the way, we have two Haflinger horses, a small draft type horse, and they are relatively inexpensive to own.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 10:31:44 am »
>Do you ride these animals?

I don't really ride much.  My daughter does.  Maya is broke to ride.  Eileen so far is not.

> I would venture that they would be a wonderful bareback ride, their backs look very nicely formed and comfortable.

They ride ok bareback, but Maya loves to run and it's a long ways to the ground.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 10:52:03 am »
Horses are my pasion. Donkeys too, and bees..and ... :roll: well, I am very apassionated. Actually I am very busy and horses need many atentions. But when I can...the whole family and friends to enjoy...

My son is "cagao" here, his sister is not so "coward". They use a "vaquera" saddle.

My wife needs asistance, like Henry VIII.

And another one where you can see the Spanish tack, with "mosquero" to put away the flies.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 11:35:41 am »
does your wife know you posted that picture????  you could be in trouble!

kids and horses go together.  i love my horses and love spending time with them, but i don't have the same relationship with them that my kids did, or my grandkids do. 

great pictures!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 12:09:08 am »
abejaruco.  I haven't been on a horse in about 5 years.  I think that is how I would have to be pushed up onto a horse now for sure.  I am sure that my body just wouldn't want to go up that high all on its own.

Those are great pictures, beautiful horses.  I love what has been done to the forelock on the grey.  Bring on some more pictures.  Best of the day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything