Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pallets  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
Pallets
« on: May 18, 2008, 07:45:33 pm »
Those of you that use pallets, where do you get them? Do you buy used ones or have them built? I don't have any idea where to get them (legally...stealing from a loading dock is not an option).
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
Re: Pallets
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 08:33:35 pm »
I get mine from the local Co-Op Feed Store.  They usually have four or five laying out back that they are glad to get rid of.  We use about 15 to 20 each year to store "special order hay" on. :)

Offline stoweski

• New Bee
Re: Pallets
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 09:20:39 pm »
Most stores are willing to part with their leftover pallets. Home Depot or Lowes goes through plenty in a season. My main supplier is my local Harbor Freight, which will now let me pull up at the loading dock and take as many as I like w/o asking. If I'm not in that area Agway is just down the road along with another hardware store. Definitely don't buy them!

I use quite a few for my firewood so I probably go through 20 per year. They make good campfire wood after they break... just have to watch out for the nails.  :roll:

Keith