Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: need some good photos  (Read 2413 times)

Offline jgaito

• House Bee
need some good photos
« on: June 16, 2010, 11:50:46 am »
i looked around but can't find any real good shots of comb with descriptions.   i'm new at this so some nice shots
of brood, cell variations and  pollen comb, capped, uncapped, when, why and all that stuff would help alot.
thanks.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: need some good photos
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:16:06 pm »
Tillie/linda has some great stuff on her site

http://beekeeperlinda.blogspot.com/
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline jgaito

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 01:44:37 pm »
thanks Irwin.  the hive inspection slide show was exactly what i needed.   very good site.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 01:48:41 pm »
I don't know where in Moore county you are, but I am just 31 miles from Robbins, straight up 705 to 220, to Randleman. Come up and we will go through a couple hives for a first hand look.
PM me for phone number
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 02:49:44 pm »
thanks Irwin.  the hive inspection slide show was exactly what i needed.   very good site.
Your very welcome I would take iddee up on his offer if I was you :-D

Offline jgaito

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 04:51:38 pm »
thanks iddee.   i'm in moore county.   i do have a co-worker with some hives and he's offered to give me a walk through his or mine.
my problem is visual recognition through the screen and reading glasses.   arms ain't long enough anymore.
i think once i get these two nuc colonies up and running i'll be more comfortable.  thanks again for the offer.   if i find myself up there in your neck of the woods i give you a holler.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 09:32:40 am »
thanks iddee.   i'm in moore county.   i do have a co-worker with some hives and he's offered to give me a walk through his or mine.
my problem is visual recognition through the screen and reading glasses.   arms ain't long enough anymore.
i think once i get these two nuc colonies up and running i'll be more comfortable.  thanks again for the offer.   if i find myself up there in your neck of the woods i give you a holler.
jgaito I know what you are talking about woke up on my 40Th birthday and I was going bald and could not read the paper :-D