Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Latest On Golden Bee Suits  (Read 17087 times)

Offline winenutguy

• House Bee
Re: The Latest On Golden Bee Suits
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 12:36:52 am »
This is what I want me wife to buy me for Christmas!  How can I get one?  Winenutguy

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 12:49:20 am »
^^^^^^^ look up for the phone number a few posts up ^^^^^^

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hale1c

• Brood
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 04:37:28 pm »
Just spoke with Suzie and she wanted the public to khow that she now does have a web site.  http://www.goldenbeeproducts.com/

In addition she wanted her email address passed on
GoldenBee Products@yahoo.com
SHe is a delightful lady and full of interesting information about the construction of her golden bee suits.  Her enthuaism is contagious and I ordered one from her on the spot.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:44:24 pm by Robo »

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 01:08:54 am »
Glad to hear they are still in busniess.  The web site will help a lot.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 07:53:42 pm »
How do these compare to the Ultra Breeze suits. They seem similar and I know these were made first but wondering if there is any real difference.
I wanted a jacket so I went with the Ultra Breeze but if I need a suit I am wondering which way to go.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 11:43:52 pm »
The Ultra Breeze are very similar in construction and quality.  The newer Golden bee product suits seem to have the veil attached laying over to the side (correct me if I'm wrong as I don't have one of these).  The biggest advantage of the Ultra Breeze, to me, is they are available as a jacket and I use that far more often than the suit.  If I were buying one thing it would be the Ultra Breeze jacket.  If I had the money, I'd buy both a jacket and a suit.  Just for those days when I want to only wear shorts and stay cooler...

My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 11:48:00 pm »
Both are fine suits but my next purchase will be the ultra breeze jacket.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 01:33:08 am »

...JP

They are located right in your neighborhood JP!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 10:20:45 am »

...JP

They are located right in your neighborhood JP!!

Yes Annette, Suzie is very close by, even lives within a 1/4 mile of where I used to live as a kid.

Suzie is just terrific & I love the Golden Bee suits & have one but I have been telling her that she needs to come out with a jacket.

...JP

Offline BULLSEYE BILL

• House Bee
    • myspace
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 02:06:40 pm »
I had been using two Golden Bee suits for about six years.  I also have the Ultra Breeze suit and jacket.

Bills quality has improved since the first suits he produced.  The English style hoods on the UB are nice for outside work although when you get direct sun on it the glare is difficult to see through.  Without the glare it is easier to see eggs through the UB.  During extractions I tend to get more bees inside of my UB.  For normal beekeeping the UB is a fine suit, but when I do extractions especially when I need to get my head into floor or ceiling joices, or any tight spots, the Ultra isn't the right suit.  The Golden hood will allow me to get into those places.

The UB jacket is a great tool to have around.  One suggestion that I have been planning to tell Bill about is that the zipper is unnecessary for me.  I normally use it like a Bug Baffler, and just pull it over head.  Having a pullover would cut the cost of the zipper and give the bees less potential of getting in.

Last year I let an apartment manager use one of my GBS so she could watch the extraction.  Unknown to me she let the maintenance guy use it to go up a ladder and caulk the bricks.  Imagine my supprise to take the suit out of the washer and find that he had gotten glue all over it. :mad:

Well they paid me for the suit so I can replace it but I really don't want one of the new Goldens with the veil that hangs over the shoulder.  The reason that was given to me was that the GBS people can't get the zippers to make them the way they used to, and that they want to stay consistant so they can replace hoods when needed.  :'(
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:51:34 am by BULLSEYE BILL »

Offline magnet-man

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • New Bee
    • Honeymoon Apiaries
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 04:20:10 pm »
One suggestion that I have been planning to tell Bill about is that the zipper is unnecessary for me.

Bill are you talking about the zippers on the legs or are you suggesting a pull over hood?

Offline ncsteeler

• New Bee
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 06:35:00 am »
Any one ever used a suit from beeproofsuits
http://www.beeproofsuits.com/

I think a friend has one he got form another guy. I really like it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:33:43 am by Robo »

Offline BULLSEYE BILL

• House Bee
    • myspace
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 12:43:44 am »
Sorry for the delay Bill, just saw you question.  My suggestion is the same as we spoke about at the Big Bee Buzz. a pull over jacket.  I don't use the zippers on the jacket, well sometimes I will flip the hood back, but in general I just pull the jacket on like a big sweatshirt or Bug Baffler.  I thought you could save money and time by not having to install a zipper for people that don't use or need them.

Offline riverrat

• House Bee
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 11:23:39 pm »
i got a golden and wouldnt use anything else I got one that the zipper is in the front and you got to let the hood hang on your shoulder i didnt care for that at first but you get used to it
never take the top off a hive on a day that you wouldn't want the roof taken off your house

Offline BULLSEYE BILL

• House Bee
    • myspace
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 12:42:41 am »
Rest in peace Bill, we're going to miss you and your suits.

Bill Samples expired from a heart attack on 6-7-2010

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 02:22:44 am »
Holy smokes no! Dang it Bill was a great guy, I have one of his full suits. He will surely be missed. So sorry to hear this.

...JP

anything