Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Carl Fritz extractor  (Read 4060 times)

Offline Johnny253

• House Bee
Carl Fritz extractor
« on: October 17, 2011, 07:30:59 am »
Has anyone had any experience with a Carl Fritz extractor? I'm looking to buy a second hand radial 4 frame electric one which hasn't been used for the last 10 years and hasn't done a lot of work. Can anyone tell me what this would be worth? Thanks.

Offline bernsad

• House Bee
Re: Carl Fritz extractor
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 07:34:48 am »
I don't know but if you tell me where it is I'll pick it up, try it and let you know how it goes. ;)

Offline yantabulla

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 07:46:42 am »
Johnny

Try looking at the Aussie beekeeping supplies websites for 4 fr radials & have a guess yourself.

I've never heard of that type of extractor.

Any 4 fr radial would do the job

Yanta

Offline Johnny253

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:30:40 am »
I've looked around and can only find 4 frame tangential extractors which are around the $700 mark. I haven't heard of Carl Fritz before which is why I was asking. The seller tells me they're very good, made in Germany. Do you think $900 would be too much for it?

Offline prestonpaul

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 06:46:48 pm »
http://shop.carl-fritz.de/
They don't seem to do a 4 frame radial any more but you should get a reasonable guide from their website.
Paul.

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 06:50:17 pm »
Four frame extractor with a motor from Carl Fritz in Germany brand spanking new is $1,331.45AUD.... used and over 10 years old - i wouldn't be paying more than $400 personally. Are you sure it's radial and not tangential?

Offline Johnny253

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 07:32:16 pm »
Yes, it's definitely a radial. I think this would be a bit of an advantage, though I haven't used a radial before. I know it's second hand but it has not been used much at all and as I said, hasn't been used at all over the last ten years. It's in very good condition. I'm guessing freight would need to be added to the new price you quoted. Thanks for the pricing.