Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Philosophical Questions  (Read 5577 times)

Offline Sting

• House Bee
Philosophical Questions
« on: January 14, 2005, 12:16:23 pm »
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys
and apes?

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the
self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

If a deaf person swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?
"Where the bee sucks, there suck I." William Shakespeare: The Tempest.

My apiary is about 17 kms. (10 miles) NW (back & left) of this web-cam view:  'See any of my girls?
http://www.parliamenthill.gc.ca/text/hillcam_e.html

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Philosophical Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 06:22:17 pm »
Well first of all if we did evolve from anything it was only apes, apes are totaly different than monkeys. Ok then second you know how brown bears, black bears, polar bears, and grizzlies are all in the same genus? Whell they are all in different species. The widest class of classification is Kingdom then followed by phylum, class, order, family, genus, then species. So on are genetic classifications we are with all living creatures in Kingdom, skip all the other stuff and jump to Genus where we are classed with all apes such ase gorillas and chimps. Then we are in are own species. What I am getting at is that even though bears are all close to each other they have all evolved into there own species. And another thing is that the apes of then are not the same of the apes from then, we have evolved. If there is a way life will find it. I am pretty shure though that monkeys and apes and we are in the same family. But in are species we are Homo erectus.We have just split and went are different ways like all other species. I remember reading something about a fish in a book, they showed 2 fish that where the same species but looked different, they said after so long not being able to mate with the normal fish it would eventually meet another that was born that looked like it, if they breed and reproduce and they begin to strive they will become a new addition to the genus being that they are a new species. It is hard to talk about this due to I believe in god and his creation in man but there is also so much evidance supporting that we have evolved.

Your second question just sounds like a bad joke, sorry.

And as to your third question a deaf person should have there mouth washed out to if there parents use that method. You can not say things without thinking about it before you say it. I dont care if people say "you need to think before you speak" you have to think of it before you say it no matter if you realize it or not, I guess it is like breathing without noticing it, you just do it.

These are just my thoughts but I am shure these will help out alot, bye
Ryan Horn

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
Philosophical Questions
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 06:40:06 pm »
1) I do not believe we evolved!  :P

2) ummm..... that sales person might need help....... finding a new job!

3) Hypotheticlly speaking, IF there were no hypothetical questions, then I guess you wouldn't be asking this.

4) Ryan..... is you THINK of something first.... then maybe parents should start washing out their kids BRAINS.

LOL

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Philosophical Questions
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 09:59:18 pm »
good thoughts beth, lol. And I was thinking, for a deaf person to know bad words someone would have to teach them them so they need there mouth washed out to . lol bye
Ryan Horn

Offline Jay

• House Bee
Philosophical Questions
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 11:38:27 pm »
Ummmm.........guess what guys, I think they were all jokes!!! :D
By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Philosophical Questions
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 12:16:18 am »
we know, we just like to carry one the conversation by answering the questions. bye
Ryan Horn

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Philosophical Questions
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 12:21:50 am »
Hey Ryan,

I recall dancing like that once. Can't remember if it was Jack Danials or Jose Curervo as my dance partner.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Philosophical Questions
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2005, 12:23:49 am »
Lol, Funny Jerry.
Ryan Horn

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Philosophical Questions
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2005, 12:27:44 am »
Naw really I don't dance. But there were days with those two guys that if I had to do it again, I wouldn't.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline ibeecanadian

• New Bee
Philosophical Questions
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2005, 02:43:22 pm »
i agree jerry. i now find the best way to catch a buzz is to find a swarm.