Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 302403 times)

Offline BingalingBees

• New Bee
  • Brad Raspet BingalingBees.com
    • Bingaling Bees
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #680 on: January 23, 2014, 01:10:52 pm »
Hmmm... based on my hobby/business name which was created from my nickname in the fire department where I worked for 29 years. :^)
Brad Raspet - Mount Vernon, WA
www.BingalingBees.com

Offline nosirrahkcaz

• New Bee
« Reply #681 on: January 25, 2014, 02:11:08 pm »
Its my stand by name, its just my name backwards. People usually just shorten it to nos

Offline OregonFiddler

• Brood
« Reply #682 on: January 28, 2014, 11:03:13 am »
I'm a member of the Oregon Old Time Fiddlers Association and yes, I do play a fiddle.

Offline Clem

• New Bee
« Reply #683 on: January 28, 2014, 01:10:10 pm »
Firesign Theater   

Offline Oviedobee

• Brood
« Reply #684 on: February 17, 2014, 07:47:03 pm »
I'm a hobbiest beekeeper in Oviedo , Florida . There are only two cities in the world named Oviedo. Found this while searching about installing a nuc.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #685 on: February 21, 2014, 08:15:47 pm »
I'm a retired lawyer living in Dallas, Texas.  My wife and I are both Dallas County Master Gardeners and are in our second year of trying to keep bees.  We live in a very productive part of the city near a large park with lots of wildlife and wild flowers.  Our first year with bees we harvested 64 pounds of honey, then had to move that 10-frame hive because our neighbor notified us one day that men were coming the following day to rebuild a retaining wall 3 feet from the hive.  That hive, which actually belongs to a friend, remains in the country. 

I have since built an 8-frame Langstroth and am in the process of building a top bar hive.  Hobby beekeepers experimenting and learning.

I'm working on a presentation for the Master Gardeners speakers bureau and looking for great pictures to put in my Power Point show.  I've been gathering information for months and learn something new every day.

I would appreciate photos with permission to "publish" in my presentation, so if you have authority to give permission, feel free to send them to me.

Glad to find this blog.  Thanks, Beemaster.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

vasukinv

Re:
« Reply #686 on: February 23, 2014, 02:02:53 pm »
Nice question. I found this username to be as available on Yahoo! around 10 years ago and has been my username ever since.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline beesNme

• House Bee
« Reply #687 on: February 23, 2014, 11:40:31 pm »
 well i came up with beesNme  because my interest in bees and, the fact i live in maine . i put alot of time thinking of it  i think 5 secs maybe  lol

Offline Astrid

• Brood
« Reply #688 on: February 27, 2014, 09:33:51 am »

New to the forum and looking for loads of advice, please!
I chose my login name because it is one I am comfortable with   :)
I am looking to start keeping bees and wonder if there is anything I could use to attract a swarm in an edge of town area with loads of flowers on neighbouring gardens?
All advice is appreceiated.
Regards

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #689 on: February 27, 2014, 10:20:35 am »
Astrid, a deep sized box is preferable & if it has frames that's even better but deep swarm traps can be heavy to hoist but perfect on a flat roof set up

Many use a trap that has volume but is light enough to hoist up say over a tree branch & just tie off the rope or string

Common attractants are lemon grass oil, Queen juice, made by placing dead queens in alcohol & a small piece of old comb or propolis

Liquid attractants can be placed on a cotton ball & placed inside of a vial of your choice with a small hole to allow some scent out

The more traps you put out the better your chances, obviously

Ask around & see if there is a bee tree anywhere near your area

That would be a great starting point for trap placements

Place one fairly close, another say a hundred yards out & yet another a few hundred yards out to cover your bases

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline josediaz

• New Bee
« Reply #690 on: February 27, 2014, 01:13:34 pm »
My username is My first name and my fav actor's name...

Offline westy7

• Brood
« Reply #691 on: March 13, 2014, 09:48:55 pm »
Hi all, new to beekeeping only got our hive 1 week ago.  Veyr excited to part of the bee fraternity.

cheers for now from down under.

Offline Beeswax Paintings

• Brood
    • ARTECERA Beeswax Paintings
« Reply #692 on: April 10, 2014, 07:22:11 pm »
I create beeswax paintings. Also known as encaustics, it's an ancient technique invented by the Romans and Greeks centuries ago. I brand my art Artecera (arte-cera.com) which means "wax art" in Latin.
Victoria Primicias | Artecera Beeswax Paintings
arte-cera.com/beemaster

Offline WorkerB

• New Bee
« Reply #693 on: April 12, 2014, 11:08:21 am »
Hi all, new to beekeeping only got our hive 1 week ago.  Veyr excited to part of the bee fraternity.

cheers for now from down under.

You don't by chance drive a Westfield ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Billy B

• New Bee
    • Billy B's Bees
« Reply #694 on: April 12, 2014, 12:18:22 pm »
It's sort of my name.  I actually use my middle name, Brian, in real life (and sign my posts here accordingly).   However, my first name is "William".    Some years ago, test driving a new car, the salesman saw my name on  my driver's license (william brian) and insisted on calling me "Billy B".    My wife and kids thought it was the funniest thing ever ... and believe it or not ... I had never made the connection that my name really was "Billy B".    It's awful and funny and so I just own it.

Offline the_shed_man

• Brood
« Reply #695 on: April 27, 2014, 11:33:56 pm »
G’day All,

I chose my Nom de Plume the_shed_man about 60 odd years ago* because I was then and am to this day a shed man in my heart of hearts...apart from all the other rôles I've done my best at during a rich and varied life.

Sometimes, when that name’s taken on other fora I want to join, I'm forced to be someone else...but it’s still me really!

Great site; I have warm feelings about joining up with fellow bee-keepers; I think to successfully work with bees we humans perforce must open up to much in nature that is good for us to be aware of, to understand and to feel.  And that the more numerous we are the better for Gaia overall. :)

I started my apicultural endeavours in the 1970’s and am still at it.

Cheers!

Rod
   TRIPLE A
   NATURAL
   HONEY©

*back at a time before the early internet requirement for the underscores in my name which are now carried forward in an anachronistic indication of how early an adopter of the new technology I was...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:38:24 am by the_shed_man »

The older I get, the more I know the little I know!

Offline gatekeep

• New Bee
« Reply #696 on: April 30, 2014, 12:05:14 pm »
I'm the Gatekeeper at a old Dam...
Deep 10 frame hives, bee max feeder,

Offline Chrisb69

• Brood
« Reply #697 on: May 01, 2014, 11:32:48 am »
Chris is my name and B is my initial to my last name.  Nothing fancy, just me ;)

Offline Borion2

• Brood
« Reply #698 on: May 08, 2014, 11:36:26 pm »
My forum name is one that I have used since I created my first email account.  It is a play on my first name using my first name initial "B" for Brian and using Orion--the hunter.  So it also can stand for B--hunter--2.

Offline BeesPleese

• New Bee
« Reply #699 on: May 12, 2014, 12:03:39 am »
I have a love for bees; a deep, parental passion for the younglings of my brood. A-anyway! Basically it is a desire for more interaction with bee-kind in the years to come.
So bees are pretty great, right?