Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 302405 times)

Offline woodey

• Brood
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #660 on: July 19, 2013, 12:33:52 am »
I like woodworking and a friend always called me woody. He had a nick name for everyone.
Woody was taken on the first forum I joined so I went with woodey.

Offline Red Dog

• Brood
« Reply #661 on: July 19, 2013, 02:08:03 pm »
I have Redbone Coon Hounds (Red Dogs) here in NW Wisconsin.

Offline njfl

• New Bee
« Reply #662 on: July 23, 2013, 06:43:32 pm »
All of my initials.

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #663 on: August 05, 2013, 10:48:37 pm »
well... because i was a Mechanic since I was 14 years old.. started working for a john deere dealership putting bicycles, lawn mowers, and snow mobiles together, and also worked for a gas station repairing tires back in 1978.. so it seemed appropriate.  ;)
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline adkotahajesban

• New Bee
    • Facebook page
« Reply #664 on: August 23, 2013, 10:52:42 pm »
My name originated during my senior year of high school.  Trying to figure out a unique email account name that I could easily remember, but one that 's meaning would only be known to myself.  I always get crazy looks when asked for my e-mail address.  Each part has a meaning and at the time, they were some of the most important things to me.  They weren't assembled in order of most important to least, but in an order that could fairly easily flow when spoken.  Here is the break down: ad-kota-ha-jes-ban

ad - stands for adrenalin.  I raced atv's then and couldn't imagine (and still can't) living without that insane rush of adrenalin.
kota - stands for Dakota.  I had a black lab then that was my baby.
ha - stands for Halo.  My girlfriend, which is now my wife, and friends used to spend countless nights and hours playing Halo.  First person shooter for the original x-box.  We truly had an enormous amount of fun and countless memories from those nights/days spent playing.
jess - stands for Jessica.  We started dating my junior, her freshman, year of high school and have been together ever since.  We have been blessed with two boys.  One is almost 7 and our youngest is 3 months old.  Our journey, thus far, in life has been rough at times and smooth as glass other times.  Couldn't imagine being without her.
ban - stands for Banshee.  In 2003, my dream was to own a brand new Yamaha Banshee 350.  I got my first job working at Food Lion and bought my first atv.  Black and red plastic and that baby would absolutely fly. 

It is a peculiar name, but I use it for most online user names and the like.  It is never ever taken.  ;)

Offline bobanda

• Brood
« Reply #665 on: August 28, 2013, 12:48:28 am »
Hi! Bobanda is my member name here and on GardenWeb because I grew up having SO many Amanda's in my classes and people always liked to sing that "Manda, Manda, Bobanda, Fe-Fi-Fo-Fanda" song!   :-D
“I shouldn't think even millionaires could eat anything nicer than new bread and real butter and honey for tea.”
―  I Capture the Castle

Offline TNBeeLady

• House Bee
« Reply #666 on: August 28, 2013, 10:54:56 pm »
Well I'm not very original.  I'm in Tennessee and I'm a lady :lol:

Offline KaluYala_meg

• Brood
« Reply #667 on: September 10, 2013, 07:03:49 pm »
Kalu Yala is the company I work for in Panama Central America and Meg is my nickname. I used Kalu Yala in hopes that once I get my hive(s) started others in the company that get involved will also use the forum to answer questions!

I'm excited to be a new member!

Offline willie

• Brood
« Reply #668 on: September 11, 2013, 11:08:32 pm »
My last name is Williams. When I lived in Mexico, the locals called me Willie as they seemed to have a hard time saying Curtis. They invariably pronounced it 'Coors', like the beer. So here I am, me llamo Willie.

Offline Peckerwood

• Brood
« Reply #669 on: September 25, 2013, 09:27:31 pm »
The community we live has a historic farm area named Peckerwood. Ever since I was young the area has been referred to by that name.

Offline td182b

• New Bee
« Reply #670 on: September 28, 2013, 05:49:50 pm »
Guess I have to make a post within 2 weeks of joining or I'll be tossed out, so here goes;
My username is the same as my email, when trying to think of an email I'd remember, I used the model # of an old Cat I had bought off my uncles. Then I started getting too much spam, so changed the ending 'a' to a 'b' and here I am.

Offline Muddyvalley

• New Bee
    • The Good Life Blog
« Reply #671 on: October 09, 2013, 02:33:15 pm »
I live on 572 acres on Muddy Valley Road. Which it is in the winter.  :laugh:

Offline SapperSteel

• New Bee
« Reply #672 on: October 20, 2013, 03:03:43 am »
I spent the majority of my adult life as a sapper -- a combat engineer -- in the US Army.

Sapper Steel! was the motto of the last engineer battalion in which I served, the 2nd Engineer Battalion, divisional, mechanized, which used to be the engineer battalion organic to the 2ID (that should give you a hint about how old I am, since divisions no longer have an organic engineer battalion).

Thanks,

Sap

Offline BeeGuyDon

• Brood
    • Me And My Honey Apiaries
« Reply #673 on: October 21, 2013, 12:23:09 am »
A member of our bee club calls himself Bob the Bee Man.  I settled for the Bee Guy.  I chose BeeGuyDon because while there aren't any others in my club that call themselves the bee guy, I figured in here there might be.  I don't really know enough yet to be "The Bee Guy" but I will someday and I didn't want it to be taken.

Offline Royall

• House Bee
  • Yes, snow in Hawaii
« Reply #674 on: November 04, 2013, 05:47:32 pm »
Hmmmmmm, Just because its my name??  :shock: Just not that creative to come up with anything more different LOL  :-D

Offline Variable

• House Bee
    • Two Little Ladies Apiary Hive Data
« Reply #675 on: November 22, 2013, 07:13:44 pm »
The current handle is use is Variable or Var1abl3 if Variable is not available. I started using it when I was learning a bit of php coding. $Variables are used a lot in php with sql for websites and I just thought it would be a good username. Then after I watched Clear and Present Danger with Harrison Ford and heard the guy using the same handle it just kinda stuck....
I guess it could mean just about anything......
I want to beelieve.
WA Apiary ID WA14-077
8 medium hives. 5 Langstroth, 3 Nuc
See hive data at
http://twolittleladiesapiary.com/cms/node/6
https://www.facebook.com/twolittleladiesapiary

Offline Brother Dave

• House Bee
    • West Island Wild Flower
« Reply #676 on: November 22, 2013, 08:50:02 pm »
my member name is the nickname my coworker gave me. I thought it was fun. Dave

Offline willbe

• Brood
« Reply #677 on: November 24, 2013, 08:15:16 pm »
Hi
I'm William (Bill) Babcock  will be I live in Minnesota, have had bees twice before,first while growing up in Central Nebraska and again here in Minnesota 30 years ago until a growing business needed more time. Lots has changed, much remains the same. Recently purchased an acreage by a state park and plan on trying top bar hives.

Offline critter

• New Bee
« Reply #678 on: January 05, 2014, 08:54:45 pm »
it is my frist name ,grant grandad name me and my dad ,his name is squirrel
critter

Offline GACrossRider

• Brood
« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2014, 02:59:01 pm »
Well, I figured that NewBee was already taken!! and hopefully this serves as my first post.

anything