Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: youtube videos do not play right  (Read 12001 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: youtube videos do not play right
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 12:30:56 am »
I remember you saying it was a JP issue - that still is bizarre - can't say I didn't try :) it will be interesting if it is an editing software issue, that seems crazy, but never found anything yet with computers that isn't from time to time. Good luck.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 01:22:31 am »
you problem is with windows 7, IE9, and you flash player.  there is no adobe flash support for IE9 and that's your default for playing media.  you need to download the beta program from adobe called adobe square.  you said it works on your wifes desktop and she has vista. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 01:24:47 am »
and...then run IE in 64 bit if you are not already.  they no longer support the 32 for win 7 and you can't even download it anymore.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 10:15:15 am »
Thanks John, but it did not work. My resolution is set at 1366 x768, went all the way down to 800 x 600.

Your videos work just fine.

Still wondering if it is a compatibility problem with what JP is using to edit his videos with.

Will try the other things tomorrow evening, bed time now.

Thanks everybody for your time and effort.

I edit using imovie on my imac. Any over ten minutes in length I upload to itunes first then upload through google (you tube). Any under ten minutes in length I upload directly from imovie to you tube.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 01:52:21 pm »
JP I will take a look at that, some of them will play just fine but others will not.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 02:32:30 pm »
JP you are on to something there, I went to youtube and brought up all of your videos and the ones under 10 min worked like a charm, over ten min were green looking.

now what, any suggestions???

Sounds like itunes is doing something goofy to them.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 10:51:20 am »
JP you are on to something there, I went to youtube and brought up all of your videos and the ones under 10 min worked like a charm, over ten min were green looking.

now what, any suggestions???

Sounds like itunes is doing something goofy to them.

If anything you tube could be screwing something up, I don't know. You seem to be the only one having problems viewing some of the videos, I'm still thinking its on your end.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 05:22:01 pm »
Could it be a HD thing ?
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Danger Brown

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2011, 01:44:01 pm »
I would expect it to either be a video card driver issue or a video card that needs to be replaced.
Here is a basic step by step guide to updating your video drivers.
http://www.ehow.com/how_4921037_update-display-drivers-windows-xp.html
To clarify, once you get to the device manager, try to figure out which one is your video card and be sure to click all the little plus signs. If you are in doubt, right click on everything you don't know and select "update driver" on everything.

If that doesn't work, I would uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your video card.
If you aren't sure which is your video card, google some of the terms you see in the device manager section until you identify your video card.

If all that fails, I would replace your video card which is not as expensive as you might think. Though it might be a hassle with a laptop. Sometimes video cards are built into motherboards which would be bad. You should be able to google "video card replacement [computer model]" and probably find something on it.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 09:47:06 pm »
Well my nephew figured it out (I am computer stupid) some kind of accelerator was turned on and fouling up the .m4v video files.

Problem solved, now I get to watch JP and Eagle Eyes at work!! YIPPIE!! :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 12:42:43 pm »
Glad you got it figured out G.

...JP

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 12:50:31 pm »
was not me that figured it out, too dumb for that.

anything