Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Here she is!!!  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
Here she is!!!
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:58:48 pm »
Ok, I am still working out how to take pics through the glass of the OB Hive. I will get better I promise, but here she is. She is also starting to lay like a mad woman. I can't believe how many eggs she has laid already.
Have literally watched her from the time she crawled out of her cell. She seems to be doing well.
I think that I will call her Belle....
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
Re: Here she is!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 03:37:39 pm »
No flash. Lighting should be natural with no direct sun light. A partly cloudy day is best or some sort of faint screening to blur where shadows and lights are. This way you hopefully have an evenly lit area.

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 04:07:42 pm »
Yea, I have tried to block the flash. When I do it all ends up all red from the anti red eye thing that comes on. I just need to learn more about my camera. Thanks for the advice.
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 01:53:14 am »
Take the pictures at an angle (around 30 to 45 degree angle) with the light source at your back...

That's what works for aquariums anyway, should work for OB hives, too.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 07:24:21 pm »
Frantz, nice picture of the lovely lady, she is indeed a thing to see.  Beautiful most wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything