Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Gods Must Be Crazy  (Read 5753 times)

Offline Humanbeeing

• House Bee
The Gods Must Be Crazy
« on: February 19, 2011, 04:04:33 am »
The Gods Must Be Crazy 1, to me, is the greatest movie ever made. It's about this little Bushman in Africa and a South Africaner.
The Bushman is out walking in the bush one day, when a small airplane flys over. The pilot just finished a coke, and he throws the bottle out of the plane. The bottle sails to the ground, smacking the poor little Bushman in the head. After he shakes it off, he picks up the Coke bottle and takes it back to the tribe. He tells them that it fell from heaven, and hit him in the head. Everyone is completely amazed by the Coke bottle. They have never seen anything quite like it. Soon, the entire tribe is fighting over the Coke bottle. It gets so bad, that the little Bushman decides to take it to the edge of the world and throw it into the abyss. On the way, he meets the South Africaner. The South Africaner is a nut. If he turns off his Land Rover, it won't start again, so to open a gate, he slows way down, jumps out, out runs it to the gate, opens the gate, lets it roll thru the gate, shuts the gate, and then chases it and jumps back in.
The entire movie is absolutly halarious.  :-D
HELP! I accidently used Drone eggs with the Hopkins method and I got Drag Queens!!!

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
Re: The Gods Must Be Crazy
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 06:25:26 am »
Yeah I remember seeing it in the 90s and knowing it for a classic then (Coke pun not intentional). Definitely a 'worth collecting' movie.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 09:04:20 pm »
It's not only entertaining, but it's a great example of a paradigm.  The Bushman's paradigm to solve his problem is to take the bottle to the edge of the world and throw it off.  This, of course, doesn't match our model of the world, but it works.  The first part of the movie sets the stage by comparing our paradigm of the world to his in a bigger picture.  Then dealing with it on the smaller level of him solving a problem.  Of course his paradigm, like all of them, is flawed, but it doesn't stop it from helping him solve his problem.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:52:43 pm »
I remember watching it with my dad when I was a kid.  I could only remember bits and pieces of it.  I also remember him laughing a lot during the movie too.  I rented it a few months back to see what it was about and why he laughed so much.  It was a funny movie.  I loved it when he left the wench on the truck running and it lifted it up in the tree. 

Very good movie.
James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline Humanbeeing

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 12:58:28 am »
It has been many years since I saw it. I found it on you tube and watched a bit of it again. The bushman wasn't hit in the head with the bottle. It landed near him. I guess, over the years, my memory slipped. That's starting to happen more and more.
HELP! I accidently used Drone eggs with the Hopkins method and I got Drag Queens!!!

anything