Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOWDY from a wannabeekeeper  (Read 4774 times)

Offline mickbear

• New Bee
HOWDY from a wannabeekeeper
« on: November 18, 2008, 12:33:02 pm »
howdy folks i'm a complete novice so go easy on me . (just kidding) i just ordered all my hives and other items.i'v  read several books and read the forums all the time so i decided there is no better time than the present.i figured i would get all the items i needed so i could go over everything this winter and be ready for early spring.

Offline Melilem

• House Bee
    • New England Bee Photos
Re: HOWDY from a wannabeekeeper
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 07:43:09 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 09:15:43 pm »
Hi mickbear!
 Welcome to the forums!!!
 Oh yeh,...I think you're already a beekeeper! You just dont have the bees yet, thats all!
 Have fun looking around in here! You can get all kinds of bee information in here!
Dont worry about the "Wierd people" in here though...you'll get used to them pretty quick!...I know I did!!

your friend,
john

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 09:23:29 pm »
Hello and Welcome Mickbear
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline deantn

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 09:29:48 pm »
Good to have another beekeeper join the forum.
Getting everything ready now is a good idea but the thing that is going to help the most is find a mentor or association that is near you and join. Getting help from reading is nice but better to get some hands on to learn from.
Good luck with your venture into beekeeping.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 10:53:20 pm »
Mick, welcome to our forum, great that you have found us.  We can be your helper to learn about beekeeping, as will the books that you have and will read.  There is much to learn, but it is oh so much fun doing that thing.  You are getting ready for the day when the bees will be yours to look after.  Their world is something to behold, intrigue -- no other better word for it.  The more you get to know them and their secret lives, the more that you will want to know.  This will be a place where you will love to spend time, this you will see.  It is a place where you will have a place to tell your stories, tales and experiences, we all love to listen.  Yes, as John said, some of us are rather weird, you will find that out, hee, hee, but any weirdness is all in that bit of fun, we are a fun bunch of people, enjoying each other's company and lovin' and livin' life. Stick around, you will make some good friends here.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 09:09:40 am »
Hi mickbear!
 Welcome to the forums!!!
 Oh yeh,...I think you're already a beekeeper! You just dont have the bees yet, thats all!
 Have fun looking around in here! You can get all kinds of bee information in here!
Dont worry about the "Wierd people" in here though...you'll get used to them pretty quick!...I know I did!!

your friend,
john
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Hey John you talking about me :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 11:04:28 am »
Irwin, I'm pretty sure he meant YOU!!!   :mrgreen: :-P ;) :) :) :)  Have a great and wonderful day and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mickbear

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 02:03:10 pm »
Hi mickbear!
 Welcome to the forums!!!

your friend,
john
well in that case i'll fit right in,thanks for all the warm welcomes and maybe some day i'll be able to give a little advice

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 03:50:18 pm »
Welcome mickbear. The knowledge base here is great.  I have learned a lot.

David

Offline troutstalker2

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 03:08:57 pm »
 I am somewhat new to beekeeping and I find it extremly interesting. I learn new things all the time. Welcome from a fellow newbee, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 07:22:28 am »
You put enough "weird" people together and after awhile, they are the norm.... :shock:

Welcome mickbear.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline ikeepbees

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 10:36:37 am »
Weclome mickbear!

You put enough "weird" people together and after awhile, they are the norm

..and then the "normals" are the weird ones...
Rob Koss

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 03:47:03 pm »
 I think I mentioned this quite awhile back...But have you ever noticed, when you go to the bee club, the people kinda LOOK LIKE BEES? After awhile though you dont notice it as much as when you first walked in the door at your first bee meeting!

your friend,
john

Offline Melilem

• House Bee
    • New England Bee Photos
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 10:39:33 pm »
I think I mentioned this quite awhile back...But have you ever noticed, when you go to the bee club, the people kinda LOOK LIKE BEES? After awhile though you dont notice it as much as when you first walked in the door at your first bee meeting!

your friend,
john
...no :)
I think you might need a vacation.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 02:54:36 pm »

your friend,
john

John, I hate to say it but, as observant as you are you missed the fact that those with antenna sticking out of the foreheads are Aliens there to catch the Buzz.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!