Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Patty

• New Bee
Hi all
« on: June 23, 2009, 07:14:03 pm »

Hi all,  My names Patty my husband is Steve, we're not beekeepers but I thought this would be a good place to ask some questions. :needhelp:

We have a very large honeycomb in the top of our chimney,  :shock: its not a fireplace but was made for a wood stove, we don't use the wood

stove,  :chop: very small and more trouble than its worth.  any way this hive could have been there for at least 8 years, don't know.

The thing is I'm getting very different opinion's from people I talk to on the phone, these are beekeepers, one said get an exterminator, another

said just leave it there, I'm sure someone has removed them with success?  any thoughts or ideas?  We live just south of Colorado Spgs., Co

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:32:42 pm »
Hello and Welcome Patty and Steve

There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny   

Offline Hethen57

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 08:45:40 pm »
Welcome....were you hoping to capture the bees and put them in a hive of your own, or do you just want someone to come try to get them out?  There are lots of experienced swarm catchers on here that could help you...either way. 
-Mike

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 11:07:09 pm »
I bet a trap-out would be easy from a hived stovepipe, maybe a cut-out would be easier - either one would work pretty well forgetting them out of your chimney. Iddee has some pages with trap outs posted - I thought I saved them but apparently I didn't.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 01:07:50 pm »
Patty, welcome to our forum.  This will be a great place if you need answers for many different things, stick around.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything