Mici reply #13
0 (0%)
Nepenthes reply#25a
0 (0%)
Nepenthes reply#25b
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 01, 2008, 10:17:01 am

Author Topic: December 2007 Entries  (Read 29938 times)

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
December 2007 Entries
« on: December 12, 2007, 12:02:27 am »
Here are two submissions for December. The first one is a waterfall I found along an access road to a radio site in northern Pa. The second is the view from about 180 feet up on a radio tower looking over some Pa mountains.

Click to enlarge!

Click to enlarge!
"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: December 2007 Entries
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 09:05:25 am »
Greg, oh that waterfall was such a piece of beauty, wow!!!!  Loved it and you are one lucky soul to have seen this in the real world.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 02:52:29 pm »
Cindi,
Please get your photo on this post. Please! Please! Please!

Annette

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 02:54:51 pm »
Yes Greg, that is a beautiful, serene place-  that waterfall. I love the leaves on the side draping over the embankment with the water in the middle. Looks like you can walk up the steps.

Thank you for sharing
Annette

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 08:00:40 pm »
great pics greg.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 09:58:38 am »
Annette, your wish is granted.... ;) :) :) :)

Picture was taken one morning, about 11:00 A.M. looking from my front patio to the deep and dark ravine.  The sun rays were so pretty looking through the trees and mist, I know, looking at this picture, it takes me right back to then.  Have a beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 12:48:35 am »
Greg, nice pictures!

Cindi, something really magical about that picture of yours, like something out of a fairytale in some far off place, very nice.

Sincerely, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 04:20:27 am »
Cindi, something really magical about that picture of yours, like something out of a fairytale in some far off place, very nice.

I have said it! It´s "The Light"!!!!!!!

Can you hear "The Voice" ?  :-D :-D :-D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 10:17:12 am »
JP, interesting comment that you made about a magical place.  That is the ravine.  It is.  It borders the first part of our property, it is a fair ways down to the bottom of it.  The kids have made trails through the bush down there.  The underbrush is not very dense, but there are trails made nonetheless.  Particularly through the enormous (and I mean enormous) patch of Vinca Major that grows along one of the edges of the bank.  This ravine holds a magic for the children.  I have made posts before speaking of this magical place (and I think I may have posted a picture, not sure though).  It is like going somewhere else in time, it holds a deep mystique.  It is a beautiful and quiet place.  During the hot days of summer, if one goes down to the ravine it is cool down there, the sun does not shine very hard down there, and it is beautiful.  It has a beautiful little creek that flows, the kids play and make darns, diverting the stream and they have made some cool little islands.  The skunk cabbage abounds down there, and I am pretty sure that my girls head down their for early spring pollen too, they appreciate this ravine as well.

I wish that I could take you there, I can only do it in your mind's eye.  It has been raining for the past two days now, but when the rain stops, I am going to try to get some pictures of this magical place.  I will take my camera and take shots as I walk down into the ravine, I will try to depict how this area looks from above and within.  It is like a place where time has stood still and it is beautiful.  The most beautiful time to take some shots of course would be when the sun glimmers it rays down there.  I know it does slightly in the spring and summer, but I don't know about the deep dark days of winter.

This sharing of this beautiful, deep, dark ravine will be on my agenda.  I know that you will appreciate it, then you will know what I am talking about when I speak of this deep, dark ravine.  Have a beautiful and greatest of days, greatest of health too.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 10:55:52 am »
I remember seeing pictures you posted of the kids playing down at the watering hole, I think you called it, if my memory serves me correctly. It looked like a really neat place if that was it. Have the best seconds and minutes of this 24 hr day, how's that?

Sinverely, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 11:09:37 am »
JP, beautiful, I like those thoughts!!!!.  No, that is the crawdad hole, (the crayfish hole), it is different than the deep, dark ravine.  That is the place where the kids can actually swim in the water, it is quite deep where it flows like a waterfall from the huge culvert.  The ravine is a different, mysterious place.  Beautiful day, beautiful life.  Cindi

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 03:50:27 pm »
Wow!!! That picture of the ravine was amazing. What a beautiful capture of mother nature. Reminds me of Japan. I spent time there a while ago. It is amazing how a pic can take you back to a wonderful memory. How quickly we forget some of the wonderful places and experiences that we have blessed with until something, a pic, or a smell, or something takes us  back instantly.
Quite a pic Cindi
Thanks for sharing.
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 11:15:28 pm »
Oh yes Cindi!!! That is a  December photo if ever there was one. Love it.

Thank you
Annette

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 05:16:53 pm »
a little something i shot yesterday, first real snow this winter, although it's not gonna last, but it was nice.
i just hate taking photos, best scenes are always seen when you're NOT holding the camera, when you go out to take photos...it's just..not right..:D

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 05:36:49 pm »
Nice Mici

Makes me want to go get my coat on and bundle up. Thanks for sharing

Annette

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 02:35:21 am »
Mici, Your photo has frozen my feet. Not sure if would be enough deep to freeze something higher. :-D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 09:10:37 am »
Mici, that is one beautiful picture.  You are right, the camera never does complete justice to the actual sight from the human eye, beautiful.  Best of this great and wonderful day, Cindi

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »
understudy would comment, but his fingers got frozen as soon as he tried :-P

ah well, this is december contest we're talking about so snow is almost obligatory.

although a beautifully decorated city centre would look so much "festive".

abejaruco, it is deep enough, i was standing on a bridge, where the main basin is, about a 1,5m deep, what you see further in the picture is just the "buffer zone" hehe. although with temperatures low enough, you could simply ice-skate.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 12:16:47 am »
Well it does not look like I am going to get to enter my bees on fresh buckwheat blooms in Decembers contest due to the buckwheat not quite ready to bloom.  Maybe a january shot if the frost does'nt kill it all off.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 01:31:21 pm »
Here is a photo of our home, taken at dusk, decorated for Christmas. My wife loves to decorate the house for the grandchildren.

Steve   

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan