Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beemaster Welcomes you to the forum - spoof but sincere video  (Read 28492 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Beemaster Welcomes you to the forum - spoof but sincere video
« on: January 15, 2011, 02:16:00 am »

To all who are new, I put together this rather silly video a while ago, but members like it and new members should get to see Beemaster enjoying himself too :)

Please take this as entertainment with some learning inside. I thought going onto my alter ego (he's been a round a while) while welcoming new members. This will be replaced at some future date, but whether you get I enjoy playing that character, I feel compelled to use it sometimes.

I like to say now, it has no ethnic origin, although I live 2 month as a Summer for many years at a North Carolina Purdue Chicken Ranch.

I think I picked up my exaggerated accent.

So listen careful, I cover feature, rules, friendship and other things, I was told it would be perfect i I edited just a few things around - I'd rather have the unscripted, one take video, like this one.

Enjoy the spoof, but learn the rules please, there aren't too many, being kind to others ere is a great quest that can grow on you over night.

Let me know if you like he video, I just want something where new members could get an idea of how much fun we have here as we all learn to be better beekeepers.

Welcome to the forum.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 01:54:08 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Beemaster Welcomes you to the forum - spoof but sincere video
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:22:52 am »
 :-D  Great video, but there was one problem.   Any god fearing self respecting southern person would have a shotgun sitting in the corner by the door.    :-D   
Love the video.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 11:22:06 am »
Boss Man, we need to get you back to Bud's sooner than you think!  :lau:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 11:47:26 pm »
:-D  Great video, but there was one problem.   Any god fearing self respecting southern person would have a shotgun sitting in the corner by the door.    :-D   
Love the video.

I agree! You need to redo the video with the shotgun. Larry  :-D

Offline kbee

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 12:43:32 pm »
like the vid. one heck of a personality . need more people like you in the world. great work on the forums. happy beekeeping from one beekeeper to the other

Offline tedlemay

• House Bee
  • When You Get Where Your Going That's Where You Are
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 12:46:27 pm »
Great video! Not bad on that accent!

Ted

Offline GeezzzBeezzz

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 09:58:21 pm »
Nice! The only problem is now I have a hankerin for some gumbo that need be scratched!
Thought I was listening to Justin Wilson for a minute ... I garruooonteeee!
Tart words make no friends; a spoonful or honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar.
~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline AgedMead

• Brood
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 10:14:34 pm »
Ah yew mah secund cuzzin, Bubbah? Mah kinfolk talk mo' slowah than y'all duz, soz Ah figgers ya's frum down th' mountain neah them city fowk. Heh heh. Jiss kiddin'. You is uh good ol' boah.

Offline Rilib

• Brood
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 04:17:32 pm »

To all who are new, I put together this rather silly video a while ago, but members like it and new members should get to see Beemaster enjoying himself too :)

Please take this as entertainment with some learning inside. I thought going onto my alter ego (he's been a round a while) while welcoming new members. This will be replaced at some future date, but whether you get I enjoy playing that character, I feel compelled to use it sometimes.

Let me know if you like he video, I just want something where new members could get an idea of how much fun we have here as we all learn to be better beekeepers.

Welcome to the forum.
[/quote]like it

Offline Jeanette

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 10:46:02 pm »
Once my Aussie ears adapted to the accent, I had my head in my hand, shaking with laughter and wiping tears from my eyes. Lots of fun  :) and quite instructional - I even learned about parts of the forum I haven't visited yet.
Jeanette

Offline BeeKDavis

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 10:52:56 pm »
Much better than reading the rules!

Offline GDRankin

• House Bee
    • The Bee Place
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 02:01:17 pm »
I agree with BeeKDavis, more fun than reading the rules. Oh and how many picked up on the Monty Python reference at the beginning?
:D
Life is but a candle, a dream must give it flame.

* TheBeePlace.com * Honey * Bees * Hives * Supplies * Services *
* Facebook/The Bee Place * Like Us On Facebook

Offline Kevin Bentley

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 01:10:03 pm »
 :beemaster:

Offline Nighthawk3569

• Brood
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 10:02:13 pm »
Thanks for the welcome...and the video...but that ain't no North Carolina accent! That's straight from South Louisiana.

Getting started back, as a hobby, after 20 something years. Retired, 74 yo, in South Georgia.

'hawk
If the government is big enough to give you everything you want - it's big enough to take everything you have. 

Thomas Jefferson

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 03:55:09 pm »
It's funny to see a resurgence of this post, it has been a while. I enjoyed doing it and it was one take, so it was pretty good considering I winged it all. The low resolution shows the age and maybe I'll have to make an update, but I kinda said it all in this one - lol.

Thanks for the kind words.

Beemaster
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline CBT

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 11:25:12 pm »
Thanks for the fine welcome. I believe there is a place here for me. :-D

Offline Amy

• Brood
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 11:56:39 pm »
You're awesome! Thanks for the warm welcome!  I look forward to the jocularity available at this here forum :)

Offline Apis mellifera ligustica

• New Bee
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 05:23:26 pm »
Beautiful and interesting.  :mrgreen:

Offline Johnny

• New Bee
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 06:09:04 pm »
I am a new member. I am in West Texas near Midland. I am also a new beek. I have 1 tbh with bees in it and I am building 5 more 4 foot tbh's for next year.
I had 3 swarm hives this past summer but didn't catch but one swarm.  They were doing good until last week when we had 70 mph west wind which blowed
them over I set them back up and reattached comb with 2in by 1in rabbit wire. I don't think there are enough bees to make through the winter. 

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 08:01:50 am »
Welcome to BeeMaster Johnny.
One of the results of a hive crashing like yours did is that quite often the queen gets squashed.
Did you find the queens in each hive? If not, as soon as the weather permits, I would go back in in a week and see if you can find her or find eggs/larvae. Combine the ones with no queens to queen right ones. If the numbers are really low, reduce the amount of comb to what they can cover. Small hive beetles and wax moths will take over the hives if there is more comb than they can cover.
Good luck.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin