Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: This one is for my friend Kathy :)  (Read 10148 times)

Offline tshnc01

• House Bee
    • Soil to Sustenance
This one is for my friend Kathy :)
« on: March 07, 2011, 03:23:25 pm »

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: This one is for my friend Kathy :)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 05:34:45 pm »
lord help us  :-D

we don't need to build more houses though.  there are tons of homes that are to big for the people living in them and many unoccupied homes.  we just need to make sure that families get the big places and singles or retired are moved into the small places.  then, since those people who are moved out won't need so much money to upkeep their smaller places, we can that the excess and give it to health care and schools.  we all know that more money makes for better education, right?  and to solve the doctor problem, we can make people go to medical school, and restrict their pay.  that way we can have lots of doctors and keep the cost of health care down. 

wait!!! that's been done!!!  how'd that turn out anyway?

the sad thing is that he was elected by people who presumable think as he does.....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 05:58:56 pm »
Wow :jawdrop: How are these type of people in Congress. 
Providing every student an ipod and a laptop.  jeez.    Why don't we give them the right to a cell phone.  Wait. wait. wait.  We already do provide them with those.  How about the right to a flat screen  hanging on the wall.  We would hate for someone not to have the latest technology.  And, while we're screwing the constitution how about putting in there the right to the new government sponsored Chevy Volt.  That way those in the "ghetto", as he says, won't feel left out.
Sorry for ranting.  These type of things has a tendency to make me want to cloud up and rain all over some of them.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 06:18:04 pm by jmblakeney »
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 06:36:20 pm »
Why don’t we also give everybody free roads to drive on, a public internet system, free TV, and electric lines to everybody’s home.  Oh wait, we already do.

It is good economic policy for a government to regulate and provide some goods and services, but I will have to agree with the crowd here; Jackson is talking a welfare economy here.  That is not good for productivity. 

(I wonder how many ipods Jackson could buy with the 10 million severance package the tax payers footed for the ex GM CEO (Rick Wagoner).  He could fund a lot of his ideas just from failed CEO paychecks.  No changes to the constitution needed) 

JM, I wouldn’t be surprised if Wagoner didn't also walk away with a free Volt on our dime.  I think that is called CEO welfare  ;)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 07:04:43 pm »
He doesn't want a volt...he'll be trying for a Cadi-malac esa-laid.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 08:18:24 pm »
I would like to see the whole unedited speech to see who he was talking about and what all was said.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 08:47:49 pm »
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 09:00:38 pm »
ah.  the first part of his speech is a reading of FDRs second bill of rights.  this way of thinking is a natural progression of large government doing for people.  the more that is done, the more people expect it to do. people never question where this stuff comes from or who pays for it.  they don't care as long as the stuff keeps coming.

Offline Countryboy

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 09:52:15 pm »
The Supreme Court ruled that Amish are allowed to have their own school system that only goes to the 8th grade.  What are Amish kids going to do with an ipod and a laptop?

Interestingly enough, Amish schooled children test better (on average) than their public schooled counterparts in everything except English vocabulary.  (Likely because Amish kids learn English as a second language.)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 06:35:55 pm »
The final conclusion from that speech:
Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 06:46:26 pm »
wonder if anyone has thought to look for that lady and re-interview her?

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 07:20:46 pm »
wonder if anyone has thought to look for that lady and re-interview her?

Disenfranchised I'm sure!!! :)

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 09:46:38 am »
AGAIN THEY LIE

HAVE YOU HERED THE LIE CLOCK?
SEE IF YOU CAN FIND IT

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 12:08:52 pm »
who lied?

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 12:14:20 pm »
A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him.

He asked, 'What are all those clocks?'

St. Peter answered, 'Those are Lie-Clocks.

Everyone on Earth has a Lie-Clock.

Every time you lie the hands on your clock will move.'

'Oh,' said the man, 'whose clock is that?'

'That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie.'

'Incredible,' said the man. 'And whose clock is that one?'

St. Peter responded, 'That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abe told only two lies in his entire life.'

'Where's President Obama’s clock?' asked the man.

Obama’s clock is in Jesus' office.
 He's using it as a ceiling fan.
 :-D :-D :-D

mvh Edward  :-P

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 12:15:31 pm »
lol  :-D

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 09:15:30 pm »
I fixed the Lie clock a little

and this is Abraham Lincons clock you see he's only ever told two lies. see his clock is at 2 minuets after 12:00
yes I see. that's so cool.

St Peter I have one more queston for you. Yon know that since I am dead I am now Omnipotent. And can see everything! I do not see obama's clock anywhere. I thought you said every on was given one at birth.

Yes I said that

well where is obama's clock

oh that Jesus put it in his office.

Good Bad they just don't seam to mesh as in gears. why would he put it in his office.

Oh he needed a ceiling fan!

anything