Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Posts not working  (Read 8743 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:44:15 pm »
The "new posts" button works fine on one computer but not on my home computer.  There is never anything in the "new posts" but I can find a few newer posts in "replies" that I have never read.  I'm sure I'm missing a lot of new posts... it has been this way since the new updates.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
Re: New Posts not working
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 04:08:58 am »
Same issue.
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline beesNme

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 08:28:47 pm »
Yes  same  on my end as well

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 10:52:49 pm »
Mike
you seam to catch most of the new ones

Offline MT204

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 11:25:12 pm »
Same here.
Click on "new posts" and it takes me to the next screen that says"No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics"
Then click on the "try unread topics".

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 05:44:45 am »
I have noticed that post that you have replied to do not show up in the New posts. Is that what you are seeing.
I also see that a lot of new post do not show up until it is empty and you then can see them when you click on the button that is for seeing the ones that do not show up.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 08:48:24 am »
OK guys,  Just want to let you know that this post is not being ignored.  I recognize there is an issue (seeing it myself) and I am currently investigating whether it is a problem with the software,  a problem with a plugin or just a new implementation method.

In the interim,  if you get the no new message since last visit,  click on the all unread message link.   Worse case,  I can change the [New Posts] link to the all unread link and the post since last visit are listed first.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 09:36:28 am »
now it is not working here

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 04:38:27 pm »
Has anyone seen an improvement since I deactivated the plug-in?   It seems to be working better for me now,  but I have also gotten in to the habit of logging off when I'm done instead of just allowing it to expire.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 07:24:33 pm »
I have. Thanks.
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 07:33:53 pm »
Where did all the emoticons go? I was going to applaud.

Offline nella

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 08:59:41 am »
After I open the unread topics page I bookmark it in my favorites, when I go into the Beemaster site by clicking on it in my favorites it  will open with the unread topics page.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 09:23:24 am »
After I open the unread topics page I bookmark it in my favorites, when I go into the Beemaster site by clicking on it in my favorites it  will open with the unread topics page.
Great tip Nella!

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 11:01:25 am »
Actually that might be why it works one place and not the other.  I have it bookmarked one place and not the other...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline phill

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 09:27:31 am »
'New Posts' is still not working for me, just FYI.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 01:05:57 pm »
It seems to be working for me now.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline phill

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 01:26:27 pm »
Me, too. Thanks to the admin people who fixed it.

But there may still be a bug. For me, when I hit "Replies" I get New Posts.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 02:33:25 pm »
Me, too. Thanks to the admin people who fixed it.

But there may still be a bug. For me, when I hit "Replies" I get New Posts.

Phil,

New Posts - Is a list of new posts since your last visit (assuming you logout after each visit)
Replies - Is a list of posts that you have previously commented on that have had new comments since your last viewing of the post.

Does this make sense?   So at times it is possible for a given post to show in both categories.

Offline phill

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 04:19:06 pm »
Thanks, Robo. I get that part, I think.

Just now, I hit "New Posts" and saw-- among other things-- this note from you. Then I hit "Replies" and there was nothing. Is that because the server recognizes that I've already seen your note? If so, I'm all set.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 04:21:29 pm »
Yesterday it still did not work unless I use a saved favorite to the "new posts".  The saved favorite works, though, so that's what I'll do.
-------------------

anything