Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: This sums it up nicely.  (Read 1024 times)

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
This sums it up nicely.
« on: January 17, 2017, 07:34:53 AM »
Dear Hollywood celebrities.....!!
It?s time to wake up now.  Get this!  The only reason that you exist is for my entertainment.

Some of you are beautiful.  Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes.

Some of you are so convincing that you scare the sh-t out of me. And others of you are so funny that you can make me laugh uncontrollably.

But know this, you all have just one thing in common.   You only exist and have a place in my world to entertain me.

That?s it. Nothing else!

You make your living pretending to be someone else. You play dress-up like a 5-year-old. Your world is a make believe world.  It is not real.  It doesn?t exist. 

You live for the camera while the rest of us live in the real world.

Your entire existence depends on my patronage. 
I crank the organ grinder, and you dance.

Therefore, I don?t care where you stand on issues.
Honestly, your opinion means nothing to me.

Just because you had a lead role in a movie about prostitution doesn?t mean you know what it?s like to be a prostitute. 

Your view matters far less to me than that of someone living in Timbuktu.

Believe me or not, the hard truth is that you aren?t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer, and you cease to exist.

Once I am done with you, I go back to the real world until I want you to entertain me again.

I don?t care that you think BP executives deserve the death penalty.
I don?t care what you think about the environment. 
I don?t care if you believe fracking is bad. 
I don?t care if you call for more gun control. 
I don?t care if you believe in catastrophic human-induced global warming.
And I could care less that you supported Hillary for President.

Get back into your bubble.   I?ll let you know when I?m in the mood for something pretty or scary or funny.

And one other thing.  What was all this ?I?ll leave the country if Donald Trump wins?? 
Don?t you know how stupid that made you sound?
What did you think my reaction was going to be? 
I better not vote for Trump or we?ll lose Whoopi Goldberg?  Al Sharpton?  Amy Schumer? 
Leave. 

I don?t care! And don?t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Make me laugh. 
Make me cry.
Even scare me.
But realize this, the only words of yours that matter are scripted ? just like your pathetic little lives.

I may agree with some of you from time to time, but in the final analysis, it doesn?t matter.

In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment.
So, shut your mouth and dance, monkey, DANCE!
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: This sums it up nicely.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 08:23:08 AM »
As entertainers they have a way of striking a nerve.  Seams as though they accomplished their goal.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 11:01:05 AM »
I wonder what ronald reagan, arnold swartizenegger, jessie ventura and sonny bono and clint eastwood think about this.  Of course you could say the same about polititions, You work for me, dance monky dance.
Cheers
gww

Online sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 12:20:18 PM »
Good post Wally,
The trouble is that a large population lives and breathes on every word these entertainers do and say and follow everything they do. That is why our society is so messed up. That is how we ended up with a president that hates America.
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Online Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 12:33:44 PM »
I don't care what the trained monkeys think.  I do care what they do, if it affects me.  I work hard for the money I spend to allow them entertain me.  If they choose to spend my money to take away my way of life, or to try to force me to behave the way they choose for me, then I do care.  How they use the power of their platform matters to me.  Those trained monkeys have been trained by some very, very subversive people.

To fight their abuse of position, I choose carefully where my entertainment dollars are spent.  I do not spend my money on those who use my own money against my own liberty.  I do not listen to their music.  I don't watch their movies, I don't buy the products that they endorse.  I spend my entertainment dollars, as much as possible, on entertainers that are less extremist.  There are many entertainers that are humble about their position, and understand who it is that holds the purse strings, and they are every bit as talented, often much more talented, than the shrill, ugly, hateful group that gets so much of the attention these days.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 07:38:07 PM »
I've long been irritated by celebrity endorsements of candidates. Just because they are talented entertainers, I don't consider their opinion any more valuable than anyone else's.

Online Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 09:17:46 PM »
Their opinion doesn't mean any more then yours.  But their face time can sell drugs, soap, investments, or a box of cereal and make millions for corporate america.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 10:36:06 AM »
Their opinion doesn't mean any more then yours.  But their face time can sell drugs, soap, investments, or a box of cereal and make millions for corporate america.
And to sway elections.  The weight they use to make money for business is also used to make money and influence for candidates.  An unfair advantage over those candidates without that weight of pop star endorsement.  Therefore, their opinion DOES mean more than yours in the race for popularity.  Another point in favor of the electoral college.
That is why I am so careful where I spend my money. 
Winter is coming.

Online Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 01:54:09 PM »
So that is why we got Trump, fame and fortune?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 02:48:57 PM »
Yes Brian,
Hilary's fame and fortune.

Online Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 10:42:37 AM »
So that is why we got Trump, fame and fortune?
exactly the opposite.  The electoral college saved us from the Hollywood populism of Shrillary.
Winter is coming.

Online Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 01:59:04 PM »
We will see what the electoral college saves you from next election when the bubble crashes again.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 02:43:39 PM »
The only bubble that burst, was the one where people got sick and tired of politicians and all their crooked ways.
I don't see that swinging back the other way.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 04:15:45 PM »
Dear Hollywood celebrities.....!!
It?s time to wake up now.  Get this!  The only reason that you exist is for my entertainment.

Some of you are beautiful.  Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes.

Some of you are so convincing that you scare the sh-t out of me. And others of you are so funny that you can make me laugh uncontrollably.

But know this, you all have just one thing in common.   You only exist and have a place in my world to entertain me.

That?s it. Nothing else!

You make your living pretending to be someone else. You play dress-up like a 5-year-old. Your world is a make believe world.  It is not real.  It doesn?t exist. 

You live for the camera while the rest of us live in the real world.

Your entire existence depends on my patronage. 
I crank the organ grinder, and you dance.

Therefore, I don?t care where you stand on issues.
Honestly, your opinion means nothing to me.

Just because you had a lead role in a movie about prostitution doesn?t mean you know what it?s like to be a prostitute. 

Your view matters far less to me than that of someone living in Timbuktu.

Believe me or not, the hard truth is that you aren?t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer, and you cease to exist.

Once I am done with you, I go back to the real world until I want you to entertain me again.

I don?t care that you think BP executives deserve the death penalty.
I don?t care what you think about the environment. 
I don?t care if you believe fracking is bad. 
I don?t care if you call for more gun control. 
I don?t care if you believe in catastrophic human-induced global warming.
And I could care less that you supported Hillary for President.

Get back into your bubble.   I?ll let you know when I?m in the mood for something pretty or scary or funny.

And one other thing.  What was all this ?I?ll leave the country if Donald Trump wins?? 
Don?t you know how stupid that made you sound?
What did you think my reaction was going to be? 
I better not vote for Trump or we?ll lose Whoopi Goldberg?  Al Sharpton?  Amy Schumer? 
Leave. 

I don?t care! And don?t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Make me laugh. 
Make me cry.
Even scare me.
But realize this, the only words of yours that matter are scripted ? just like your pathetic little lives.

I may agree with some of you from time to time, but in the final analysis, it doesn?t matter.

In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment.
So, shut your mouth and dance, monkey, DANCE!

Iddee
Who ever emailed this to you certainly got you to dance! :happy:
Regards
cider
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Online Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 04:24:10 PM »
The only bubble that burst, was the one where people got sick and tired of politicians and all their crooked ways.
I agree with you that people are so upset with washington that they think they voted against washington but in reality Trump is identical to the scum bags in washington.  One difference is he (Trump) has no skills to represent anyone in the global world because he functions as a dictator.  That is all he has ever been.  In order for the United States to be great again he has to go.  A dictator will not make the US great again.  It will be short lived like Hitler.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 06:57:41 PM »
Hey, cider. Where ya been? I've missed you.  Yep, the happy dance spreads fast when the truth pops up.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 07:55:05 PM »
I agree with you that people are so upset with washington that they think they voted against washington but in reality Trump is identical to the scum bags in washington.  One difference is he (Trump) has no skills to represent anyone in the global world because he functions as a dictator.  That is all he has ever been.  In order for the United States to be great again he has to go.  A dictator will not make the US great again.  It will be short lived like Hitler.
I felt that Obama had to go when he took office. Thing is, I was right.
Time will tell with Trump.

Online Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 08:32:00 PM »
If you were right he would have been gone after the first term.
The Obamas brought class and respect from around the globe.  Trump is turning the presidency into a Jerry Springer show.  Instead of greeting foreign diplomats with a handshake he is going to what to grab their crotch.  I think he is gay.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 10:34:19 PM »
Ace,
obama bowed down to world. They all think he is a joke.
I think you will find that Trump will be highly respected around the world.
Remember, Regan was treated the same was Trump is being treated when he started out and he was highly respected all around the world.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Online Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 08:45:19 AM »
Jim, Reagan had Nancy, Barack had Michele, Trump ain't got anything close to either of these two in the whole darn family.  Hitler got respect too for a while.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2017, 10:14:58 AM »
Ace it's funny to see how blinded you are by your ideology.

Online Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 10:50:28 AM »
If you were right he would have been gone after the first term.
The Obamas brought class and respect from around the globe.  Trump is turning the presidency into a Jerry Springer show.  Instead of greeting foreign diplomats with a handshake he is going to what to grab their crotch.  I think he is gay.
That ain't exactly true.  Obama got his second term because the republicans screwed up their chance.  At the time, his approval ratings weren't so swell.   The Romney/Palin ticket was the dream team for the conservatives, but for the centrists and swing voters, not so much.  It was that middle group that got Obama elected again.

Now, as for your final aspersion, you have heard why in Chicago Obama is known as "Bathhouse Barry" haven't you?
Winter is coming.

Offline gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 12:02:26 PM »
I voted for obama over romney.  I am glad that he was not successful with the gun regulation he was trying to pass but over all I don't think that vote was a mistake.  I don't mind supporting trump on the issues he takes that I like and I don't mind being against him on the issues he takes that I don't like.  I am never sure that a devided nation is bad.  It is the utimate checks and balances.  Now with the republicans haveing a majority every where, I am betting that in two years there will be a major correction in the voting to get back to that devided state. 

As far as actors takeing positions on things other then acting.  I don't mind.  If they are taking a position on something I agree with, my respect for that actor goes up a bit.  If he supports something I don't like, then my respect goes down.  One thing for sure, I have a little respect for those who don't hide but put themselve out for what they believe.  Not so much respect that it makes me change the things I believe in.

cheers
gww

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 02:00:10 PM »
What we believe or someone else believes shouldn't carry any weight over the constitution. Our country has gotten so far from it, it's no wonder opinion matters so much.

Online Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 02:21:41 PM »
Oh yeah, Palin and Trump have the same IQ.  I'm surprised he doesn't claim he is going to keep an eye on the Russians by looking at them out his dining room window at the top of the Trump Tower.

I don't know what a bathhouse Barry is.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 02:55:35 PM »
Ace you prove my point.
That was a Saturday night live skit. 

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 03:45:52 PM »
Hey, cider. Where ya been? I've missed you.  Yep, the happy dance spreads fast when the truth pops up.
Iddee
The reason for staying away was the Coffee House seemed/seems to be dying the death, nothing new to peruse!
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 09:46:58 AM »
How many languages does she speak.?

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 09:56:17 PM »
The Obamas brought class and respect from around the globe.

I am so glad I swallowed my tea before I read that!!   :grin:
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 08:43:19 PM »
 ""The Obamas brought class and respect from around the globe.""

Yes he did.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 09:09:23 PM by iddee »

*Shel Silverstein*

anything