Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: This sums it up nicely.  (Read 971 times)

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
Re: This sums it up nicely.
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2017, 10:14:58 AM »
Ace it's funny to see how blinded you are by your ideology.

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 10:50:28 AM »
If you were right he would have been gone after the first term.
The Obamas brought class and respect from around the globe.  Trump is turning the presidency into a Jerry Springer show.  Instead of greeting foreign diplomats with a handshake he is going to what to grab their crotch.  I think he is gay.
That ain't exactly true.  Obama got his second term because the republicans screwed up their chance.  At the time, his approval ratings weren't so swell.   The Romney/Palin ticket was the dream team for the conservatives, but for the centrists and swing voters, not so much.  It was that middle group that got Obama elected again.

Now, as for your final aspersion, you have heard why in Chicago Obama is known as "Bathhouse Barry" haven't you?
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Online gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 12:02:26 PM »
I voted for obama over romney.  I am glad that he was not successful with the gun regulation he was trying to pass but over all I don't think that vote was a mistake.  I don't mind supporting trump on the issues he takes that I like and I don't mind being against him on the issues he takes that I don't like.  I am never sure that a devided nation is bad.  It is the utimate checks and balances.  Now with the republicans haveing a majority every where, I am betting that in two years there will be a major correction in the voting to get back to that devided state. 

As far as actors takeing positions on things other then acting.  I don't mind.  If they are taking a position on something I agree with, my respect for that actor goes up a bit.  If he supports something I don't like, then my respect goes down.  One thing for sure, I have a little respect for those who don't hide but put themselve out for what they believe.  Not so much respect that it makes me change the things I believe in.

cheers
gww

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 02:00:10 PM »
What we believe or someone else believes shouldn't carry any weight over the constitution. Our country has gotten so far from it, it's no wonder opinion matters so much.

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 02:21:41 PM »
Oh yeah, Palin and Trump have the same IQ.  I'm surprised he doesn't claim he is going to keep an eye on the Russians by looking at them out his dining room window at the top of the Trump Tower.

I don't know what a bathhouse Barry is.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 02:55:35 PM »
Ace you prove my point.
That was a Saturday night live skit. 

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 03:45:52 PM »
Hey, cider. Where ya been? I've missed you.  Yep, the happy dance spreads fast when the truth pops up.
Iddee
The reason for staying away was the Coffee House seemed/seems to be dying the death, nothing new to peruse!
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 09:46:58 AM »
How many languages does she speak.?

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 09:56:17 PM »
The Obamas brought class and respect from around the globe.

I am so glad I swallowed my tea before I read that!!   :grin:
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 08:43:19 PM »
 ""The Obamas brought class and respect from around the globe.""

Yes he did.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 09:09:23 PM by iddee »
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything