Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trump's Cabinet  (Read 1792 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Trump's Cabinet
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2017, 06:39:12 PM »
Dumb comparison. Football guarantees a collision. Not so riding a bike. Wearing a helmet in a demolition derby, I would agree with. How is not wearing a seatbelt going to kill someone else?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2017, 07:14:31 PM »
Ace
When I was younger we played a lot of football with out helmets.  We rode sleds down big hills.  We pulled car hoods behind a bike tractor or truck  in the snow (I did this with my kids also).  Yes sometimes things go wrong.  I knew a guy that got killed while riding a car hood.   I had a friend that had a child that was parapaligic from playing soft ball and he did have a helmet on cause he was playing in an organized leage.

We climbed things we shouldn't have. 

Sometimes you get hurt even with protective gear on and sometimes you don't without it.

I would say that football players playing in an organized game and getting good pay for it will be in a place that protections would be agreed upon.  I don't think it should be illegal for people to play sand lot football at the next family reunion with out such gear even if such gear would make it safer.

I saw a guy in a professional arm wrestling match break his arm.  Should we stop allowing it to be done?

I am not saying you can't get hurt, I am saying that we get to decide that not staying in bed and living in a bunker with 20 years of stored dry food is a better way to live even if it is not as safe.

If I get on my motor cycle with out a helmet, I am not getting paid to do this, it is a decision that I made in my life for me and all the risk in entails.  I do agree with Iddee in that even if there was a good thought behind the helmet law, it might really be more dangerous due to hearing and sight issues then the safety it provides after you fall.  It might even make you fall more then if you didn't wear it.

I must say that when I rode in winter I enjoyed a full helmet and face shield for the comfort it gave against the cold.  The key word is comfort.  I got to make the decision that being warm was more important then not being able to see or hear as good.  Making something having to be done takes the right of desision making from an individual of him deciding it is a good ideal or a bad ideal based on what he is having to face.

It just aint right.
Cheers
gww 

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2017, 07:54:21 PM »
I am not sure just calling them out for bad deeds is enough. 

it is not enough, but if that is all that is done the law was not followed. 

I am satisfied that there is enough data to support the seat belt law that we have in this state.

Legislation by data.  Lord help us.  Driving is dangerous.  Everyone should fly.  Data backs the safety of flying over driving.
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2017, 08:01:36 PM »
It is very simple, agree to pay 10 times what everyone else pays for insurance and I will bet you no one will care.  I am sure the insurance companies will go along with this.  I am sure the DMV will go along with this.  But when it comes to the point of you or someone else like Iddee not wearing a seat belt I don't think they will.  When a ton and a half vehicle hits another vehicle at just 55 mph it sends you or Iddee traveling around 50 mph inside the care.  If there is someone else inside the car you become a battering ram and most likely will kill or badly harm the other person upon impact.  This is not make believe.  It happens.
If you drive a new car and don't wear a seat belt there is a good chance the airbag will kill you in a head on collision.   You should keep that in mind if you rent a car.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2017, 08:06:36 PM »
Total fantasy. If you are driving and hit anything at 55 MPH, you are not going around in the car. You will be impaled on the broken steering wheel column if no airbag, and held in place by it if present.
When you run out of facts, make up a few. It's legal for Dems.

PS. Seatbelts are required in this state, but not for me. I'm legal without one.
Now figure that one out.   :cool:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2017, 08:18:09 PM »
I would assume you have intersections in the Carolina's.  I know you do.  I spend a lot of time in these states.  Not all accidents are head on.  Most are at an intersection.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2017, 08:29:43 PM »
Iddee
PS. Seatbelts are required in this state, but not for me. I'm legal without one.
Now figure that one out.

Driving a truck that weighs more then one and a half tons to be thrown around, that makes it safer :cool:

It's legal for Dems.

Hey you, I resemble that remark :angry: Ha ha
Cheers
gww

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2017, 08:35:12 PM »
gww.... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2017, 08:36:48 PM »
Ace, I notice you totally ignored the roll cage comment.  WHY??

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2017, 09:04:36 PM »
Ace, I notice you totally ignored the roll cage comment.  WHY??
Ah hemm, a roll cage protects you if you drive off the road and roll the car over.  It doesn't protect you if an old 2 ton Cadillac slams into you.  If a motorcycle slams into a Cadillac do you think the driver will notice?  Maybe if he hit the front quarter.  What do you feel safer in a smart car or an 18 wheeler?  Does the 18 wheeler have a roll cage?  These are ridiculous questions I would assume you would know the answer to.  So why do you ask?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2017, 09:15:28 PM »
A Nascar driver is hit in the side at 200 MPH and walks away. Then you say it won't protect you at road speed? You're getting funnier with each post. Maybe you should change from ace to deuce.   :tongue:   :grin:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2017, 05:03:44 PM »
If we really cared about saving lives we would make everyone in a car wear a crash helmet.  That would likely save 20,000 lives a year or more.  Making motorcyclists wear them will only save 2,000 lives a year at most.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2017, 05:06:24 PM »
We not only did not WEAR bicycle helmets, I don't think they existed... we also had no seatbelts in our cars (the new ones had them when I was a kid, but we never had a new car...) but we kids usually stood up in the seat so we could see out the window...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2017, 05:46:25 PM »
A Nascar driver is hit in the side at 200 MPH and walks away.
LOL you are making me laugh.  Both vehicles weigh the same and the driver is wearing a harness not just a seat belt plus a helmet and sitting in a seat designed to protect him.
It is not just speed ... energy is speed x mass.  If a vehicle hits another vehicle and one is four times heavier, the light one is going flying.  The heavy one slows down a little.  If a smart car is traveling between two heavy cars or vehicles and there is a pile up you don't want to be in the smart car unless you can get one made with an ejection seat and a parachute that opens up fast enough.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2017, 05:53:44 PM »
Ace, even if your facts line up about velocity and trajectory and whatever other mumbo jumbo you need to add, how is it the governments responsibility to mandate any of it? Are we really the land of the free? The main role of the government is to protect us, but not from ourselves.

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2017, 09:19:36 PM »
Ace, even if your facts line up about velocity and trajectory and whatever other mumbo jumbo you need to add, how is it the governments responsibility to mandate any of it?
That is the easiest question to answer.  WE demand it of our government.  If there were more people who think your way it wouldn't happen.  But it has.  So you are outnumbered by a lot.  If you could put lawyers in uniform and send them over to our wars, first of all we would have a lot less of them and second of all we would have less politicians looking for a free ride in government.  All they have to do is lie like hell and be biggily.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2017, 09:45:32 PM »
Who is demanding it? Only those of you in that bubble. Why do you think Trump won? The people are sick of the government imposing THIER will on we the people. Even a candidate as terrible as Trump was able to beat a seasoned career politician.
Granted she wasn't a great candidate either, but be honest, you never thought he had a chance. Just shows you don't know as much as you think.

And I mean no disrespect. I enjoy this back and forth.

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2017, 09:56:51 PM »
I didn't think he had a chance.  It is still baffling me.  I don't care for Hillary but I wasn't about to vote for a hand me down rich kid who is a nut case.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2017, 10:13:36 PM »
That nut case is crazy like a fox. He will get stuff done, rather than riding on others coattails.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2017, 10:26:22 PM »
Idee, I think he worries the lefties who are in power. If he can get the dependent class not so dependent, the left will have no base.